Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] CPAP Viewer for Android
CPAP Viewer for Android
Hi All

I created a Android App to read CPAP data directly on mobile.
I think it is suitable for those who own there own machine, and not comfortable to clinic for review regularly.

I just upload it yesterday. it is available now here in PlayStore. Just search CPAP Viewer, you can see it at first 20 result.

Currently only support Resmed S9, S10. As I can only find the info about how the file structure. Also I own a S10 device.

you must have a Toshiba FlashAir SD card used in your machine, or you can buy one from Amazon, any capacity/ version is ok. It is tested ok for both S9, S10 series.

Do download it and test for me, so that i can know the bug and improve for next version..

Thanks to
- Kevin from cognitial.com for advising me on feasibility of FlashAir in Resmed machine.
- AndroidPlot API contributors.
- EDF4J Libary contributors.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP Viewer for Android
I have an S9 Autoset, an Android phone, and I even have a Flashair card. But I gave up on the Flashair card in the CPAP machine because the machine keeps reformatting it and even after reformatting it the machine sometimes fails to write to it.

But I want to encourage your efforts. I know there are others who have had more success with the Flashair card in their machines, and I hope they download your app and try it out.
Post Reply Post Reply
My ResMed A10 machine supposedly has the capability of wireless communication via cell phone? Is that true, and is there anyway to use that instead of the Flashair?
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
not unless you can hack into Resmed's system Big Grin
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
Wink 
(04-28-2016, 10:00 PM)JJJ Wrote: I have an S9 Autoset, an Android phone, and I even have a Flashair card. But I gave up on the Flashair card in the CPAP machine because the machine keeps reformatting it and even after reformatting it the machine sometimes fails to write to it.

But I want to encourage your efforts. I know there are others who have had more success with the Flashair card in their machines, and I hope they download your app and try it out.

Thanks for the encouragement, this is all i need...

did you check out why the machine keep on reformatting it? for what i understand, we cannot change anything on the SD card, not even store an additional file on it. otherwise it will cause unreadable by Resmed machine.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-28-2016, 10:07 PM)Sleepster Wrote: My ResMed A10 machine supposedly has the capability of wireless communication via cell phone? Is that true, and is there anyway to use that instead of the Flashair?

Hi, yes, S10 has a optional Cellular function. But it is for subscription base service and business model of your doctor. it will automatically upload to data after 1 hour when you wake up, to resmed cloud. Not your cloud/storage.

This is what i understand.

Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-28-2016, 10:16 PM)DariaVader Wrote: not unless you can hack into Resmed's system Big Grin

Huhsign

the purpose is not to hack the system . it is too risky (and too expensive if failed)

I got the idea from SleepyHead software effort.

So just want to glance the cpap data by ourselves instead of going to doctor regularly.

just like checking blood pressure/glucose level daily by ourselves. And let your doctor check it again during monthly follow up.

nothing harmful.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-28-2016, 10:46 PM)wiselyloh Wrote:
(04-28-2016, 10:16 PM)DariaVader Wrote: not unless you can hack into Resmed's system Big Grin

Huhsign

the purpose is not to hack the system . it is too risky (and too expensive if failed)

Hi wiselyloh. I think Daria was answering Sleepster's question about using the Resmed built-in cell phone instead of a Flashair card. Nobody is suggesting your app is in any way harmful.

I think there is definitely a market niche to provide a more detailed data than MyAir for those who don't want to go the full SleepyHead route. Good luck with your project.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a PR device, so this isn't useful to me yet, but I'm glad to see that it's in development. As it is, I use PR's Dreammapper software for a quick update--except it isn't "quick" since it can take hours for the data from the machine to get synced to the app (or the web app). But it's okay for what it is: a quick summary of AHI, CAs, OAs, and HAs, mask fit, and leak. Ideally, a kind of mobile Sleepyhead is something I think we'd all like to see, as mobile computing increasingly becomes central in our lives.

(Just as we all hope for a more mobile-friendly version of this site...)

So, I wish you well with this project.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-29-2016, 08:17 AM)tmoody Wrote: I have a PR device, so this isn't useful to me yet, but I'm glad to see that it's in development. As it is, I use PR's Dreammapper software for a quick update--except it isn't "quick" since it can take hours for the data from the machine to get synced to the app (or the web app). But it's okay for what it is: a quick summary of AHI, CAs, OAs, and HAs, mask fit, and leak. Ideally, a kind of mobile Sleepyhead is something I think we'd all like to see, as mobile computing increasingly becomes central in our lives.

(Just as we all hope for a more mobile-friendly version of this site...)

So, I wish you well with this project.

hi Tmoody, thanks.

I was puzzled as well. Why there is no mobile veraion of sleepyhead. Such a great work but only in pc. Who use pc daily nowadays at home?

I did tried to migrate sleephead code to android by native porting. But later i found it is too much work amd not compatible. Sorry that to give up
Then i went back to code myself.
If u can provide me file structure and how to read the data, i can put it in. I try to make my app generic actually.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar for tablet using win 11 android Samsung 7 Mouchet 1 491 07-06-2023, 07:49 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Equipment] Checkme O2: does the android app work? Yurtname 6 1,097 08-05-2022, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Yurtname
  Android writes files to SD Card melbell 4 822 05-22-2022, 09:44 AM
Last Post: Dog Slobber
  SomnoPose? Android version? AirSign 7 3,602 05-26-2020, 07:26 PM
Last Post: 2SleepBetta
  Does OSCAR work on android tablets? 17WRX 1 2,741 12-10-2019, 11:57 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Android Apps that measure breathing? camper2 14 3,155 08-23-2019, 11:46 AM
Last Post: Blazing Black Beard
  Encore Viewer and Basic: only four days of details? mhorowit 4 1,967 11-04-2017, 07:35 AM
Last Post: trish6hundred

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.