Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] CPAP Viewer for Android
RE: CPAP Viewer for Android
I downloaded the app only to realize that it won't work with a card that is in station mode. I have mine setup with an IP address. I was looking forward to seeing it too. Ohwell
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-29-2016, 09:25 AM)wiselyloh Wrote: hi Tmoody, thanks.

I was puzzled as well. Why there is no mobile veraion of sleepyhead. Such a great work but only in pc. Who use pc daily nowadays at home?

I did tried to migrate sleephead code to android by native porting. But later i found it is too much work amd not compatible. Sorry that to give up
Then i went back to code myself.
If u can provide me file structure and how to read the data, i can put it in. I try to make my app generic actually.

I can't speak for the developer of SleepyHead, but I imagine that a big part of the reason for making the software PC-based is because of the extensive graphs used, which would (I think) be harder to manage on small mobile screens. I'm sure it can be done, but there would have to be special zooming tools developed to make it genuinely useful.

Personally, I would find it useful even without the graphs, if we just had the left panel content: Details, events, notes, statistics, settings, etc.

For all I know, a mobile version of SleepyHead may already be planned. Have you communicated with JediMark?
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-29-2016, 11:15 AM)tmoody Wrote: I can't speak for the developer of SleepyHead, but I imagine that a big part of the reason for making the software PC-based is because of the extensive graphs used, which would (I think) be harder to manage on small mobile screens. I'm sure it can be done, but there would have to be special zooming tools developed to make it genuinely useful.

Personally, I would find it useful even without the graphs, if we just had the left panel content: Details, events, notes, statistics, settings, etc.

For all I know, a mobile version of SleepyHead may already be planned. Have you communicated with JediMark?

Actually the graphing is available for most/all mobile platforms already. I am doing this for iOS devices (iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.) and that part really is not the hard part, the hard part (to me) is developing the data conversation routines to read the various machines data and make sure it is "right". I salute Sleepyhead for all the work done in it.
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi wiselyloh,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Much success to you with your app and, with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-29-2016, 10:15 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: I downloaded the app only to realize that it won't work with a card that is in station mode. I have mine setup with an IP address. I was looking forward to seeing it too. Ohwell

Hi sorry i never cater for it. shall b included in my next work , thx
Post Reply Post Reply
Any encouragement necessary - let me know, could really use a decent app that works in station mode also Smile

For those playing at home .. here is the link to Android play store.. https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...ewer&hl=en

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar for tablet using win 11 android Samsung 7 Mouchet 1 490 07-06-2023, 07:49 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Equipment] Checkme O2: does the android app work? Yurtname 6 1,096 08-05-2022, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Yurtname
  Android writes files to SD Card melbell 4 819 05-22-2022, 09:44 AM
Last Post: Dog Slobber
  SomnoPose? Android version? AirSign 7 3,601 05-26-2020, 07:26 PM
Last Post: 2SleepBetta
  Does OSCAR work on android tablets? 17WRX 1 2,739 12-10-2019, 11:57 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Android Apps that measure breathing? camper2 14 3,153 08-23-2019, 11:46 AM
Last Post: Blazing Black Beard
  Encore Viewer and Basic: only four days of details? mhorowit 4 1,966 11-04-2017, 07:35 AM
Last Post: trish6hundred

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.