Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHI not going down after almost 4 months of CPAP use
AHI not going down after almost 4 months of CPAP use
Hi All,

My AHI figures are not going down after almost 4 months of use. I have attached my report herein.

Device: Philips System One, Heated humidifier
Mask: Resmed Nasal Pillow
Auto Cpap
Pressure: 4-14

Really hoping for a solution Sad

Attached Files
.pdf   apnea.pdf (Size: 378.87 KB / Downloads: 127)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AHI not going down after almost 4 months of CPAP use
Do you have your sleep study report; you data shows more central and hyponea events than obstructive and after 4 months of CPAP, the hope is that your body has adjusted to the added air flow that washes out CO2 from CPAP therapy.
Post Reply Post Reply
One of the first things I'd work on is reducing the mask leaks. Can you post a chart rather than just the statistics....that will help the "experts". Don't give up...you've come to the right place. I posted my sleepyhead chart and the folks on this board suggested I raise my low pressure from 4 to 6.....that little change resulted in my AHI going from varying over 5 down to steadily below 3 and for whatever reason, my CA's dropped almost completely.

You've come to the right place.....
Post Reply Post Reply
As others have noted your Apnea is more than than a basic vanilla obstructive apnea.
The best advice is rooted in data, and for now the best data are your daily SleeptHead charts.  See this article to organize your charts to showcase the most important ones (Organize SleepyHead) then attach your Sleepyhead charts.  

I see both pressure and flex changes in your future.  

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
Based on your 90% pressure being 10, you should increase your minimum pressure to 8.0 and maximum pressure to 11.0 and turn off Flex. This will either resolve the hypopnea and apnea, or increase the central apnea that are present in your results. Without trying the higher minimum pressure and getting rid of Flex, we won't know.

Taking a Sleepyhead Screenshot (F12) will save a copy of the detailed chart to your Documents/ Sleepyhead/ Screenshot folder. This would be a more useful view. The first link in my signature describes how to do this.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi ppk8,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck as you continue CPAP therapy and also with getting your machine settings fine-tuned.
You have come to the right place for guidance, hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 292 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  4 months in - Do I have to live with aerophagia? RedNailz 18 1,654 03-09-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: RedNailz
  Going nowhere with ASV after 3 months CaliforniaDreamer 20 489 03-08-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Only CAs on Oscar but diagnosed with OSA - 2 months CPAP and no improvement 444zane3 4 292 03-07-2024, 02:06 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Slept fully twice in 3 months since starting CPAP for CSA redking2436 13 675 02-18-2024, 08:30 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Has anyone ever received a refund on cpap after 3 months. Mwilson123 0 200 02-10-2024, 07:43 PM
Last Post: Mwilson123
  [CPAP] Still tired after 4 months of CPAP mohtorhead 11 1,031 02-03-2024, 09:41 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.