Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] CPAP to Apap adjustment
CPAP to Apap adjustment
OK question I had a Resmed s9 elite epr CPAP machine pressure was set at 8.6 but it broke so had to do another sleep study because I've had my old machine for more then three years and I love it I was waking up full of energy it did take time to get use to it but I did. Now after new sleep study I received a new machine Philips dreamstaion Apap which settings are between 9-13 with cflex mode of 3 sometimes 2 but not feeling great like I did with the Resmed what would be the equivalent pressure with my new machine to my old one . The new machine seems have more bells and whistles and it goes by .5 and my old machine would go by decimals of .1 and up so if anyone could help or any suggestions would be great.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP to Apap adjustment
A great place to start would be to download #Sleepyhead so you can see what you and the machine are doing through the night. You could even pull the SD card from your old S9 and compare the data. Since fixed pressure worked well for you at 8.6, I would suspect that you would feel equally good going into settings, and changing your machine settings to:
Mode: CPAP
Pressure: 9.0

Some people just sleep better without fluctuating pressure. Also, what was your EPR setting on the S9?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes I foregot to mention can't download sleepyhead but I have Dreamcast app would I be able to post ahi it has three types which clear apnea ,obstr. apnea and hypopnea for example last nite clear apnea =0 ,obstr.apea=3 hypopnea=6 any clues what this means when I'm sleeping don't know if that good or bad

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you sleep rider for responding yes I check my old machine and EPR full time then it also says epr level 2 so on my new machine dreamstaion how does the epr translate to the cflex modes
Post Reply Post Reply
EPR and Flex are a bit different, but Flex can give you the 2-cm of pressure relief. You have a choice of Cflex and Aflex. You just have to experiment with it.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your right I had I had tried aflex before but the issue I had was that when I would inhale aflex would like cut my inhaletion short and then when I would exhale it was the same so I did change it to cflex which was much better but since like you said if I put my new machine in CPAP instead of Apap in 9 and your saying that if I but in 2 cflex would that give me a pressure of 7 instead of 9 thtas what I m understanding my old pressure was 8.6 with old machine
Post Reply Post Reply
I think we're on the right track as far cflex on 2 but that were I'm have trouble on the pressure I guess trying to be close to my old pressure with new Philips dreamstaion machine.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Health] RESMED APAP tuning sleeper2460 10 491 Yesterday, 08:43 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460
  APAP optimization assistance jayed53 9 376 03-14-2024, 03:13 PM
Last Post: jayed53
  srwilsn3's therapy thread | APAP -> BiPAP srwilsn3 34 1,364 03-14-2024, 02:23 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  New APAP machine Robert Detz 0 83 03-13-2024, 07:58 PM
Last Post: Robert Detz
  Help optimizing APAP SomeUser 8 1,108 03-12-2024, 03:51 AM
Last Post: SomeUser
  APAP->Bi-level Titrating sleepymf 8 550 03-11-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: sleepymf
Gross [Diagnosis] Moved from APAP to BPAP and struggling Spicykielbasa 1 194 03-10-2024, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Spicykielbasa

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.