Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Calculatur for S9 on 12V batteries
Calculatur for S9 on 12V batteries
Hi!
Loving outdoor life, I've used a lot of time to find out for how long my S9 will run on different 12V batteries. I ended up making two web calculators which may be helpful for other people. The first one is for the S9 alone, the other one for S9 with H5i humidifier and climate control. The calculators originally were published in Norwegian language. I've tried to translate into English, but I kindly ask the forum members to reply with suggestions for improvement. (I'm a better calculator maker than translator I think). First I post the link to my calculator for S9 "standalone", please give med feedback on mistranslations!
https://fs30.formsite.com/nilsolastrandg...index.html
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Calculatur for S9 on 12V batteries
Hi Nisola. Thanks for making your calculator available for members to use. I thought I'd add this calculator is for Resmed 24 volt units.
Does your calculator assume use of the Resmed 12-24 volt adapter between the battery and CPAP rather than an inverter? You might want to make that note on the calculator page since battery life will be much shorter if an AC inverter is used.

Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
in "Hoover mouse over "?" for more info" change Hoover to Hover.

in "Chose battery capasity" Change Chose to Choose and change capasity to capacity
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi nilsola,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-04-2015, 10:34 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Hi Nisola. Thanks for making your calculator available for members to use. I thought I'd add this calculator is for Resmed 24 volt units.
Does your calculator assume use of the Resmed 12-24 volt adapter between the battery and CPAP rather than an inverter? You might want to make that note on the calculator page since battery life will be much shorter if an AC inverter is used.

Thanks I've added your comments, please take a new look!
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-04-2015, 06:20 PM)GoodnightWalter Wrote: in "Hoover mouse over "?" for more info" change Hoover to Hover.

in "Chose battery capasity" Change Chose to Choose and change capasity to capacity

Thanks for the feedback, I've corrected the words now
Post Reply Post Reply
Nilsola, the calculator looks good. Here are some suggestions for your terms of use at the bottom:

This calculator is copy protected and should not be redistributed or reproduced without my written consent. The calculator is meant as a guideline and I am not responsible for possible deviation. I hope that other people loving outdoor life will find it useful! Nordfjordeid, Norway, November 2015 - Nils Ola Strand nils.ola.strand@gmail.com
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you again for the feedback. I have made the suggested changes.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Looking for feedback on experiences with travel batteries (Airplane approved, BIX,??) Mike97 0 588 09-02-2020, 01:35 PM
Last Post: Mike97
  Backup batteries Osiris357 14 2,184 01-03-2020, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Sheepish
  Can you run an Airsense 10 off a couple of deep-cycle 12v batteries? Dyssomniac 4 4,719 04-18-2019, 03:18 PM
Last Post: OMyMyOHellYes
  sourcing batteries for Transcend, preferably generic bunter 25 9,133 07-22-2018, 08:34 AM
Last Post: IBEW292
  Would 2 12V batteries in series avoid need for Resmed''s (A10) converter 2SleepBetta 1 1,225 03-16-2017, 09:39 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Running on LiIon Batteries? lmoretti 8 3,050 06-05-2015, 10:30 PM
Last Post: GWild
  Spoke with ResMed, got cable info for both batteries. Double checking with you. JVinNE 20 6,829 04-17-2015, 08:27 PM
Last Post: justMongo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.