Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

headgear on Wisp nasal mask uncomfortable - any solutions?
headgear on Wisp nasal mask uncomfortable - any solutions?
Happy to report that the Wisp nasal mask leaks a lot less than the Quattro FX on my face, but I can't seem to ignore the discomfort from the side straps. I sleep on my side and the straps dig into my ears. There is also a "button" type fastener on the two lower straps that sometime presses into my head and keeps me up. I've tried pulling the lower straps down so they rest just below my ears but that tends to mess up how the mask sits on my face and leads to leaks.

Is anyone else bothered by this mask's headgear, or am I the only whiner?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: headgear on Wisp nasal mask uncomfortable - any solutions?
(08-29-2013, 07:54 AM)ellen1159 Wrote: Happy to report that the Wisp nasal mask leaks a lot less than the Quattro FX on my face, but I can't seem to ignore the discomfort from the side straps. I sleep on my side and the straps dig into my ears. There is also a "button" type fastener on the two lower straps that sometime presses into my head and keeps me up. I've tried pulling the lower straps down so they rest just below my ears but that tends to mess up how the mask sits on my face and leads to leaks.

With the Wisp you can just remove the buttons and slide the velcro strap through the slot.

The Wisp comes in fabric or a silcone headgear. Which do you have?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: headgear on Wisp nasal mask uncomfortable - any solutions?
(08-29-2013, 09:32 AM)JJJ Wrote:
(08-29-2013, 07:54 AM)ellen1159 Wrote: Happy to report that the Wisp nasal mask leaks a lot less than the Quattro FX on my face, but I can't seem to ignore the discomfort from the side straps. I sleep on my side and the straps dig into my ears. There is also a "button" type fastener on the two lower straps that sometime presses into my head and keeps me up. I've tried pulling the lower straps down so they rest just below my ears but that tends to mess up how the mask sits on my face and leads to leaks.

With the Wisp you can just remove the buttons and slide the velcro strap through the slot.

Fabric

The Wisp comes in fabric or a silcone headgear. Which do you have?

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Headgear for very large heads NogginOff 1 37 4 hours ago
Last Post: Phaleronic
Angry AirTouch N20 - digs into cheek - any solutions? Lilaq88 2 614 03-26-2024, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Valtor
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,406 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  How can I rectify skin breakage from nasal mask? evenflow 2 100 03-20-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 326 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,081 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Mask(s) to use after nasal surgery? Wonderlight 17 4,229 03-08-2024, 05:42 PM
Last Post: DoubtFire61

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.