Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Resmed AirFit F10
Humidifier: H5i heated humidifer
CPAP Pressure: 5 exhale/9 inhale
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Male
RE: Can CPAP lower BP?
I'm in the same situation. I've been waking up a couple times a night for a long time and no improvement with 30 days of CPAP. Here's hoping we are both sleeping through the night soon. Coffee
08-29-2013 02:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14-20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

Sex: Undisclosed

RE: Can CPAP lower BP?
While you are keeping a liquid intake log, consider adding a sleep log to it as well. Note how you feel before you lay down, what kind of day it was (stress, fun, etc), and whatever else you want to add. Then leave a space for you to make a tick mark for each time you get up. If it doesn't wake you up too much, note the time. First thing in the morning, write down how you feel, how you slept, if you dreamed, whatever.

We continually stress that looking for trends is more important (and more valuable) than looking at a single night or even a single week. The sleep log combined with the intake log will help you to verify events and look for correlations.

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
08-29-2013 05:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Lower AHI when using HME filter dzwiss 9 451 09-28-2016 04:22 PM
Last Post: dzwiss
  Tried a few things to lower my AHI only to end up raising it Lanco 8 501 09-08-2016 09:55 PM
Last Post: eseedhouse
  Lower max pressure affecting pressure increases Rcgop 9 720 07-17-2016 07:03 PM
Last Post: green wings
  Lower EPR Higher Hypopneas holden4th 5 479 07-07-2016 08:36 AM
Last Post: green wings
  One week on CPAP-FFM 7 hrs a night-side sleeping-lower AHI, thanks to Apnea Board! Kris the Crone 13 1,113 06-17-2016 11:56 AM
Last Post: Kris the Crone
  Do Hypoallergenic filters lower the output pressure in a ResMed S9 LesPauloholic 20 3,770 04-06-2016 07:40 AM
Last Post: omega2498
  Lge leaks/lower AHI GrammaBear 6 792 03-21-2016 12:31 PM
Last Post: Sleepster