Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Pressure suddenly seems higher - why?
RE: Pressure suddenly seems higher - why?
(12-28-2021, 07:18 AM)Gideon Wrote: Pressure can never go below 4!
Thus min pressure should never be lower than 4 + EPR in order to give EPR the roo. To do its thing.

Can you please be very specific on what, how, why this low of a pressure increase is unpleasant?

Hi Gideon

I started this thread because lately the CPAP seems to be blowing stronger and it feels like my lungs are being forced to expand. Changing my min pressure from 5 to 6 doesn't seem to have improved the feeling.
Post Reply Post Reply
EPR needed room to work so your min pressure needed to go up so you can benefit. EPR that's working properly will allow you to have lower pressure on every exhale. Now that in effect gives you lower average pressure.

If your left panel user data is accurate, your Max of 8 is where I was starting EPAP on my ASV. Just trying to help with perspective. Try blowing bubbles into a water glass with a straw. To you it may be high, but the PAP is capable of lots more.

It could be that as I've noted earlier you're having mouth leaks, it could be that's causing more airflow than you normally feel. If that's the case you'll need to fix the leaks to reduce feeling airflow.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks very much everyone. Changing the settings seems to have helped.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low OA, Higher CA Scores Davaadtron 4 64 1 hour ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Machine Higher AHI Hauty 6 190 04-19-2024, 03:52 PM
Last Post: Hauty
  [Diagnosis] WatchPAT sleep apena diagnosis low AHI higher RDI. Need advice godiego 24 3,727 04-04-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: godiego
  Suddenly my Centrals got a lot more disruptive tcinoz 64 2,141 03-26-2024, 07:24 AM
Last Post: tcinoz
  [CPAP] Can pressure wanting to go higher actually be due to leakage? richapple 1 162 03-15-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  My inspiratory time is higher than expiratory on Auto S Bipap Stubert 3 418 02-01-2024, 09:27 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] A new ResMed AirSense 10 fails to do Smart Stop when at higher altitude. mountaincat 6 600 01-28-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: mountaincat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.