Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Can you see any problems?
RE: Can you see any problems?
as I recall my study showed 24 plm per hour, 20/hr of which resulted in arousals. I didn't know this when I asked about restless legs; after putting me off a couple times, doc seemingly grudgingly prescribed gabapentin. after a couple months I subjectively decided it was worsening my restless legs (voluntary movements to relieve restlessness most acute while in bed before sleep onset) and stopped. at the time I didn't understand the differences between rls and plm. you'll have to have your sleep doc explain your plm stats. I don't understand the awake plm first on your list. my understanding is plm is involuntary and only occur while asleep. as poor as my sleep has been, I am nevertheless completely oblivious of plm. my wife tells me about it, has made audio recordings of it and I have learned what my respiratory response looks like in my flow rate waveform. hard to imagine your 64 plm/hr during n1 and n2 wouldn't cause some sleep disturbance. could be all or part of your problem. or none at all, if it truly isn't causing arousals. did your report specifically report 0 plm arousals or is it not stated?
Post Reply Post Reply
something other than respiratory issues caused your 24 arousals/hr. plm is candidate, at least until they explain it to you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks you again sheepless.

It says "PLM during Wake" is 54, I understand that I was moving my legs when I was awake during the night. From the statistics I understand that my PLMS caused 0 arousals.
Post Reply Post Reply
I noticed today that I have a spike in leak rate close to some CAs. I wonder if some of the CAs are because my mask is leaking and I wake-up to correct it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 17 1,889 2 hours ago
Last Post: clan
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 144 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
  Anything can be done for baby with breathing problems Ptee8899 3 213 02-11-2024, 11:30 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Positional Apnea Problems ggibson 13 1,820 11-20-2023, 07:28 AM
Last Post: Jarlo
  CPAP since March 22, still dealing with aerophagia, wakings, and heart rate problems manacles 16 2,528 10-01-2023, 11:16 PM
Last Post: manacles
  CPAP Problems for People with Large Lung Capacity? AquaMan 7 979 09-17-2023, 03:32 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last
Question Top of the head tubing connection problems GaspForAir 2 453 09-05-2023, 06:09 PM
Last Post: Nightynite

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.