Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Cat on the CPAP
Wink 
Cat on the CPAP
Not exactly like "Cat in the Hat." After a month of using my CPAP, and the past 2 weeks sleeping great, last night  awakened gasping at 2AM. My cat had stepped on the switch on my machine and turned it off.  Started up again, and all was well until about 4AM. I woke up, and heard the machine running, but was getting very little air. The old cat was sleeping..against the air intake! Oh-jeez

I guess I can be thankful I'm not allergic to cats, but we are going to have to set some ground rules.. Thinking-about
Old man, new machine. Better sleep! Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Cat on the CPAP
(03-01-2017, 09:18 AM)jsielke Wrote: Not exactly like "Cat in the Hat." After a month of using my CPAP, and the past 2 weeks sleeping great, last night  awakened gasping at 2AM. My cat had stepped on the switch on my machine and turned it off.  Started up again, and all was well until about 4AM. I woke up, and heard the machine running, but was getting very little air. The old cat was sleeping..against the air intake! Oh-jeez

I guess I can be thankful I'm not allergic to cats, but we are going to have to set some ground rules.. Thinking-about

Good Luck on getting your cat to comply with the ground rules.  Last I heard, cats set their own rules.   Unsure
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you considered a nightstand with a large drawer? I keep mine in the nightstand drawer, and pass the hose and power through the back where I drilled a 2-inch hole. It looks a lot neater, and no chance of the cat sleeping on the machine.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I do have a second shelf on my nightstand. I may move the machine down there, no room for cat above it.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you can route the hose and power through the back, it really cleans things up.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have mine on the lower shelf of my nightstand, so the humidifier is lower than my head. But hey, to keep it away from the pets is a good reason, too!

I was thinking you could keep your CPAP in a dog cage. That would give it breathing room, away from the cat!
Post Reply Post Reply
I may try putting a cage over it. Putting on lower shelf no good as hard to get at humidifier and it is too low.
Post Reply Post Reply
Remember to change the filters in your machine, even if your not allergic.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-01-2017, 09:18 AM)jsielke Wrote: Not exactly like "Cat in the Hat." After a month of using my CPAP, and the past 2 weeks sleeping great, last night  awakened gasping at 2AM. My cat had stepped on the switch on my machine and turned it off.  Started up again, and all was well until about 4AM. I woke up, and heard the machine running, but was getting very little air. The old cat was sleeping..against the air intake! Oh-jeez

Have you considered getting a smart border collie to police the cat?
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
Actually, have a long-haired Chihuahua that tried to police the cats, but with little success.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.