Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Central events and oscar data Help
Help reading data, Central events
I've just started CPAP about two months ago, and now I am having what appear to be clear airway/Central events.  It appears to be getting worse and I don't have a doctor's appointment for another month.  Two nights ago I was up to 23ahi which I know isnt very high, but I can definitely feel the effects of that night vs when I first started.
I've included two nights and a 10min snap shot.
I have plenty more data if needed
Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Post Reply Post Reply
Central events and oscar data Help
Hello all, Ive been on CPAP for about 2.5 months now.  It was going fabulous at first but I feel the last month has gotten progressively worse.
In my checking of my OSCAR data I think I am having central events.  It would be awesome if any of the awesome OSCAR people out there can help me out. 

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Central events and oscar data Help
My limited knowledge, to me appears have CA as dominant Apnea's, and is often from higher pressure. but at same time with your restless sleep may also combination of junk sleep tossing & turning, holding breathe. I suggest to reduce pressure, as do on previous low fixed pressure, the H & O Numbers under control. The from increasing pressure will not assist to stop CA, most often will do reverse, actual induce more CA's? I see previous low fixed level O & H were under control & holding low AHI, except for CA's so is the CA's need to work on which mostly from lower pressure & No EPR. The possible junk sleep may be related the restless sleep while also up checking machine turning on, off machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Are you using epr? If yes at what level?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello,
I started with more or less the same question two years ago.
This form has been a great help to me to get to the very finest tweaking of my CPAP machine the results are very satisfying, a sleep doctor could not do any better.
Go ahead and browse my long thread to success!
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...bstructive?
Good end, good beginning of 2023
Hugo
Don't forget the obvious.[Image: bigwink.gif]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Still tired and CA events liebano 2 56 35 minutes ago
Last Post: liebano
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 15 426 1 hour ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  First night CPAP + OSCAR data Ostrich 1 35 1 hour ago
Last Post: Ostrich
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 27 605 Yesterday, 04:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  oscar data sleeper2460 0 57 Yesterday, 09:13 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 108 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Current OSCAR Data Tylermdugan 0 72 03-26-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tylermdugan

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.