Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Change Pressure
Change Pressure
I have an Air Sense 10 unit using a Res Med Wisp mask.  It is set to operate automatically between pressures 5-20.  Sometimes after a period of sleep the unit starts blowing at maximum causing noise and filling my mouth with air.  I usually just shut off the unit and restart it but this is happening too often.

Is there a way of setting the pressure to work at a constant 14 after the ramp up period.

Any Help greatly appreciated,

Otrman AKA Henry
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Change Pressure
You can change the pressure settings. The instructions are found in the set up manual which can be found here: http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual.

Why have you decided on a constant pressure of 14? There is also the question of why your machine is increasing to the max pressure. It would be helpful to see some data. I suggest you download free SleepyHead software and post some data for forum members to evaluate. The organization of the data id very important. Please see the links below for help.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for your reply. 

The reason that I chose 14 is that I had a previous machine set to that number and things seem to be working until the machine became erratic.  My doctor recommended the Air Sense 10 auto set.  It has been in use for about a year but has started act as I described it in my post.

I decided to just try 14 and see if things get better.

According to you site the manual I need is only available by email.

Can you send to me.

Thanks in advance,

Otrman
Post Reply Post Reply
Otrman, You can continue to use an automatic pressure range, but narrow it so that it works better and doesn't allow pressure to go too high. Using a pressure range of 9-14 would be far superior to a single pressure. The other feature your machine has is exhale pressure relief (EPR). It lets the pressure be reduced during exhale form 1-3 cm.

If you have a computer, download the free #Sleepyhead software. It can help you (and us) see what might be causing a problem in your therapy.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you,

I appreciate your advice.  I am thinking changing from 5-20 to 5-14 but I need someone to send me manual I need to make the change as it is only available by email, otrman@optonline.net. 

If that doesn't fix the problem I will take advantage of the software option.

Regards,
Otrman (Henry)
Post Reply Post Reply
Press home and the round knob together for over three seconds to enter the clinical menu, once in there scroll to the settings you wish to change press the round knob to select, and modify as needed
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-22-2018, 05:28 PM)Otrman Wrote: Thank you,

I appreciate your advice.  I am thinking changing from 5-20 to 5-14 but I need someone to send me manual I need to make the change as it is only available by email, otrman@optonline.net. 
If you go back to the list of manuals available by email and scroll down past that list you will find specific instructions for requesting the manual.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

Post Reply Post Reply
The quick tutorial for changing settings is here: http://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-airsens...setup-info
For the full clinical manual see the instructions here to have one sent by email: http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...nual#THREE
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Otrman,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck as you continue CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I still do not see why the machine is going to full pressure, is it actually going there or does it just feel like it.
I have my machine set to range between 11 and 20 and the highest it ever got to was 13. something (must have been a bad night), but it has never gone to full pressure, even when I knocked the mask half off my head.
Either you need the pressure or the machine has a fault.  Either that or something is making the machine think you need this pressure.
If you had a machine fixed at 14, I would leave it on auto and set it to range from 8 to 16, this would cover the pressure you had before and allow it slightly more pressure if you need it.  However, if the machine is always at 16 each morning it needs investigating as to why it is going to full pressure every night.
It is a lot better if you leave a APAP machine to adjust to your needs if it is working properly than be on a fixed pressure.
That is the whole idea of an APAP, to adjust to your needs as required.
If you think it is faulty, get it checked.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,431 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  [CPAP] Prisma 20A - Change of machine and regression elliott.981. 17 1,708 03-21-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Macka
  Any change recommendations to machine? NativTxn 2 318 02-17-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: NativTxn
  [Symptoms] Recent Symptom - Settings Change? MamaK55 1 164 02-10-2024, 06:03 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Pressure] I just started apap therapy 3 weeks ago and I feel worse.Should I change settings? AndreiChivu 1 323 02-03-2024, 08:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Pressure] Pressure max/min clarification and change I made richapple 5 366 01-28-2024, 04:03 PM
Last Post: richapple
  EPR Change to Help With Flow Limits? upsman 4 362 01-22-2024, 09:08 PM
Last Post: upsman

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.