Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Change Ramp pressure on PR System One
RE: Change Ramp pressure on PR System One
Yes, I thought that after I used it, don't normally do that where the username is displayed publically. Just did it out of habit, so many sites use it as a standard username.

Question is, now I have registered how do I go about changing it?
NoddingNed

"Wearing a mask is none of my brains business"
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-08-2012, 04:16 PM)bashanabad@msn.com Wrote: Question is, now I have registered how do I go about changing it?

Hmmm. Good question. I just tried unsuccessfully to see if I could change mine. Another choice, since you are new, is simply to re-register, using the same email and other relevant info as before. Or you could PM SuperSleeper AFTER this coming weekend and see if there actually IS a way to do that. But an email address in public is basically begging for spam.

Breathing keeps you alive. And PAP helps keep you breathing!
Post Reply Post Reply
I couldn't find it either but others have changed their username successfully so it must be somewhere Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:Yes, I thought that after I used it, don't normally do that where the username is displayed publically. Just did it out of habit, so many sites use it as a standard username.

Question is, now I have registered how do I go about changing it?

Send me an email (from the same email address you signed up with) with the new username you'd like to use and I can change it to whatever you like.

apneaboard@gmail.com

Smile
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-07-2012, 09:13 PM)Sleepster Wrote:
(05-07-2012, 11:26 AM)bashanabad@msn.com Wrote: I assume the SD Card has a predefined prescription stored on it. Is there anyway of overriding this.

Here is the list of the files I was supposed to put on my card to have the machine automatically set the pressure:

encore.txt
use.000
use.002

If you are brave enough you could look for files like this on your card and delete them. Keep a backup just in case.
Thanks Sleepster, bang on mate. Prior to receiving your post, I started experimenting with a spare SD Card. I copied all the files from the original SD Card on to it and then preceded to delete suspect files. To cut a long story short, I deleted 4 files namely "reuse.000 reuse.002 reuseRESP.000 reuseRESP.002". Whereupon when inserting the SD Card the system no longer reported "Prescription Accepted" and allowed me to set the ramp pressure to what ever I liked. NB Ramp Pressure and Ramp Time do NOT appear in the setup list until you raise the minimum CPAP pressure above its default setting of 4.0.

So thanks to all you guys and a little input from myself, we have resolved the issue perfectly. Needless to say I will have to remember to copy the 4 files back onto the SD card prior to my next sleep lab visit!

NoddingNed

NoddingNed

Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:NB Ramp Pressure and Ramp Time do NOT appear in the setup list until you raise the minimum CPAP pressure above its default setting of 4.0.

This is not surprising. Anything lower than 4 for the ramp and you'd feel suffocated.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-09-2012, 11:32 AM)NoddingNed Wrote: Needless to say I will have to remember to copy the 4 files back onto the SD card prior to my next sleep lab visit.

I doubt they'd notice them missing. Even if they did, you could feign ignorance. There's all kinds of reasons, like maybe the tech who set it up forgot to put them there, they got erased by the machine, etc. In my experience, the way these PRS1 machines write to, and read from, the data card is a messy business. Windows keeps finding fragmented files on my data card! I'm not impressed with their Encore Viewer software, either.

When I email the contents of my card to my DME, he has to copy it to another card, insert the card in his laptop, upload to their website, and generate his reports. Even he says it's "not as easy as it should be". In other words, it's messy.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,431 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,612 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  [CPAP] Prisma 20A - Change of machine and regression elliott.981. 17 1,705 03-21-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Macka
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,081 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 373 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 297 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Any change recommendations to machine? NativTxn 2 318 02-17-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: NativTxn

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.