Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Change Ramp pressure on PR System One
Exclaimation 
Change Ramp pressure on PR System One
I have just had a humidifier fitted to the above and it seems to have lowered the amount of air delivered in ramp mode, causing me difficulty getting to sleep.

I have used your FAQ's to alter it but it always returns to the original setting that the machine was delivered with.

I assume the SD Card has a predefined prescription stored on it. Is there anyway of overriding this.

By the way, the Card is NOT locked and I do remove it prior to entering Provider Setup Mode.

Anyone help please.

Regards

Bashanabad
NoddingNed

"Wearing a mask is none of my brains business"
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Change Ramp pressure on PR System One
I doubt the humidifier slowed the air any. As long as all the connections are correct, all the air does is flow through there on its way to the hose.

You say you tried to alter it. Alter what? The ramp settings?

The SD card collects data, it does not reset the machine.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I tried to alter the Ramp Pressure, which is currently 4. I do realise the SD CARD collects data, but my machine reports "prescription accepted" when you re-insert it after changing settings on the provider setup menu I.e. the ramp pressure.
NoddingNed

Post Reply Post Reply
How odd about the card.

I do not have this machine but I do have a .pdf of the manual.

[attachment=180]

PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
It does sound like their is some kind of configuration file stored on the card, but I do not know if this machine supports this or not. Hopefully someone will chime in that knows for sure. If you change the ramp pressure with the card out does it stay? Does it change back when you insert the card?
Post Reply Post Reply
Take the card out, set the ramp to your choice..leave the card out.. and then run the CPAP. Has the ramp setting changed or is it still at 4.

The "ramp" is a manufacturer designed device to provide comfort to the patient. It should be accessible to you, and working properly..
This might necessitate a visit to your DME>

Also.. it is impossible for the humidifier to lower the pressue at any time, UNLESS there is some constriction or blockage in the water container. A low ramp setting is often referred to by many as too low and sufficating them. Raising the ramp to a higher number will help .. some people don;t use the ramp feature at all
Yesterday is history; Tomorrow is a mystery; Today is a gift; Thats why its called "The Present".  
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-07-2012, 11:26 AM)bashanabad@msn.com Wrote: I assume the SD Card has a predefined prescription stored on it. Is there anyway of overriding this.
As JudgeMental suggested leave the card out or/and get a new card.
When you put the new card in the machine it would write data on the card and can download SleepHead.
Welcome

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Guys,

Thanks for all your replies, as a new member I am most impressed with the level of response, it's a pleasure to have joined the "club".

JudgeMental (great handle, by the way), you provided an excellent clue, if I leave the card out I can set the Ramp Pressure to anything I like. As soon as I put the card back, it reverts to the original setting. Cannot leave it this way obviously, since my Sleep Lab will complain "where's the data"?

Guess I will have to get an appointment for them to change it for me, or give me control of it, this obviously would be better.

Thanks again, you have all been a great help and support.

PS Must get me a better handle though!!!

Bashanabad
NoddingNed

Post Reply Post Reply
You can use any card, can't you? Just put in another one.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
Yes I guess so, I will give it a go, thank you Paula02
NoddingNed

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Help - Mask change causing fatigue? coffee9724 0 6 5 minutes ago
Last Post: coffee9724
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,432 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,616 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  [CPAP] Prisma 20A - Change of machine and regression elliott.981. 17 1,711 03-21-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Macka
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,141 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 379 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 299 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.