Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

breathing not detected.
breathing not detected.
Last night I had about 8 hours where breathing was not detected even though all the graphs look like they always do. I am using sleepyhead 1.0.0-beta-1. Any comments would be welcome, just curious about why.

Thanks, Brad
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: breathing not detected.
(06-19-2016, 05:07 PM)car54 Wrote: Last night I had about 8 hours where breathing was not detected even though all the graphs look like they always do. I am using sleepyhead 1.0.0-beta-1. Any comments would be welcome, just curious about why.

Thanks, Brad

If you are talking about the item on the Details section in the Daily Sidebar, it will show 0.00% percent if breathing was detected by the machine. If breathing was not detected by the machine, the percentage of the time you were on your machine that no breathing was detected will be displayed. In other words, 0.00 is good. Anything else not so much.

By the way. Love your username!

Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
That makes sense but it showed that breathing was not detected for 95% but all the graphs look normal. I am just trying to figure out how that happens. It has done it before.

[attachment=2574]

Car54- I was in a race car(#54) going for a track record when I spun out and ended up in the brush where the track workers could not see me. The radioed in Car54 where are you

Post Reply Post Reply
Interesting. It is displaying a negative number. I haven't seen a number in that section before and really don't think it should be negative. It looks like you have discovered a bug. I checked the link in the SleepyHead help section for reporting bugs and Mark's website is still having security certificate issues. I don't know of any other links to make the report. Maybe someone will come along who does know.

In the meantime, you can go to the Events sections in the Sleepy Head preferences and uncheck Breathing Not Detected in the CPAP Events section. That should remove references to Breathing Not Detected in the Daily Sidebar as well as the Event Flags chart and the Flow Rate chart.

I thought your username might be referencing the old TV show Car 54 Where Are You.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worried about periodic breathing / CA patterns Jorgo 45 1,130 6 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Alternative Therapy to CPAP (Nasal Breathing) Wcwilson 1 150 03-07-2024, 04:02 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Nasal massage and exercises to help nose breathing sleepingbetterinFl 1 172 03-06-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Treatment] Using Bipap for UARS - can anyone help with erratic breathing and my settings? RagingBull 7 513 03-06-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: bertchintus
  Nasal Breathing / Septoplasty questions Ptee8899 7 385 02-13-2024, 11:10 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Anything can be done for baby with breathing problems Ptee8899 3 221 02-11-2024, 11:30 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Implications of Expiratory mouth breathing? SingleH 9 489 02-09-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.