Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Choice of Machine
Choice of Machine
I live in Israel. My wife and I were both told that we need CPAP machines. Before we had time to get them, we had to make a trip to the United States where we will be for the next three weeks.

The machines that they offered us at home were:

Hoffrichter Point 2
BVMC Resmart
SEFAM Goodknight 420E

Cost was approximately $1,700.

Or we could bring back machines from the United States.

Is there any reason why it would be a bad idea to get the machines in the US if we will be living far away when we use them?

Are any of the machines which they offered us in Israel any good?

Thanks all.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Choice of Machine
buy something online here, and you'll get two, or more, for the price of one of those clunkers.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello,

I've not heard of any of the 3 machines you have listed.

The Hoffrichter Point 2 is a German machine. I believe the BMC Resmart is made by BMC Medical Co., Ltd. of Beijing.
What we see most often in the US are Resmed and Phillips-Respironics machines.

Federal law in the US, requires a prescription to purchase or transfer a CPAP machine.
Assuming you have a prescription, I am not aware of any tariffs or customs that would prevent you from exporting a machine from the US to Israel.

There are some suppliers on the list (see above) that ship internationally.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-16-2016, 02:40 AM)palerider Wrote: buy something online here, and you'll get two, or more, for the price of one of those clunkers.
+1
CPAP prices in Australia are about the same as in Israel, I got two ResMed AutoSet machines from US, plus everything else
Suppliers #2 and #10 http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List ship outside US

Welcome emeslyaakov
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-16-2016, 03:07 AM)zonk Wrote:
(03-16-2016, 02:40 AM)palerider Wrote: buy something online here, and you'll get two, or more, for the price of one of those clunkers.
+1
CPAP prices in Australia are about the same as in Israel, I got two ResMed AutoSet machines from US, plus everything else
Suppliers #2 and #10 t ship outside US

Welcome emeslyaakov

Thanks. Did you get a used machine from Supplier #2? Were you concerned about sterility/germs?
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-16-2016, 03:22 AM)emeslyaakov Wrote: Thanks. Did you get a used machine from Supplier #2? Were you concerned about sterility/germs?
I purchased new machines but gently used machines are cleaned and comes with new unused hoses, water tank, air filter, etc ...
From their web site:
The Importance of Clean...
Although many of our CPAP machines are new, zero hour devices, all gently used CPAP & BIPAP machines acquired by our company are internally and externally cleaned and tested using the same comprehensive process employed by hospitals across the country. You can rest assured that your CPAP machine will come to you clean, tested, and pressure-accurate.

Post Reply Post Reply
The only thing I would add to this conversation would be to make sure you can use the voltage of your final selection.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
These machines have universal Voltage and line frequency. An adapter from wall socket to plug may be required.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
If the new machines in this (US) country are half the price of the ones in Israel, and the new ones that are avbl to you on line are half the price of the ones in Israel also, why even consider used.?
Yesterday is history; Tomorrow is a mystery; Today is a gift; Thats why its called "The Present".  
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi emeslyaakov,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Much success to you and your wife with your CPAP therapy and finding machines.
Hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airmini mask choice Jennj99738 5 728 12-06-2023, 02:04 AM
Last Post: Smoothmakir
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,162 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Current CPAP machine choice mzipp 2 710 12-29-2022, 10:16 PM
Last Post: mzipp
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,792 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  [CPAP] Using SoClean Machine with CPAP Machine ronald1810 4 1,320 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Need instructions for pressure adjustment REMSTAR CHOICE M367500E John Dale 1 685 03-25-2022, 02:21 AM
Last Post: John Dale
  Hypoventilation vs. CPAP choice SleeplessInVirginia 8 966 08-22-2021, 07:46 PM
Last Post: SleeplessInVirginia

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.