Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP Cleaner
RE: CPAP Cleaner
Just a tip if anybody has this issue. I have pretty hard water here, and if i run out of bottled water i get scale and water spots in the humidifier container. Soak in white vinegar and use a tooth brush, rinse and repeat if needed. I leave mine full of neat white vinegar for about 6 hrs and its usually spotless afterwards. same with the plastic bits that get "water spots"
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
I get distilled water at the local grocery store for 99 cents per gallon. I use about a gallon per week. The machine inhales filtered air, and then passes it over distilled water which has no nutrients. The hose passes moist filtered air which has no nutrients into a mask with a one-way valve that doesn't let exhaled air enter the tube.

I clean the mask and headset regularly with generic baby shampoo in the sink with warm tap water and then let air dry.

Not much fuss and very little bother and expense.

Compared to the environmental stuff we encounter in our everyday lives, the CPAP machine (less the mask) is VERY clean.

Jeff
Sleep is worth the effort.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm now 5 months in to my CPAP regime. No longer using distilled water in the water reservoir. Just tap water and it gets dumped out every morning then wiped dry. 

I use Clorox anti-bacterial wipes on my mask, mask pillow, and hose elbow. The head gear gets a good soaking in Dawn dish soap once a week in hot water, as does everything I mentioned above, to include the hose and the lid / seal to the reservoir.

The CPAP air intake filter gets washed every week as well........if I remember it.  Rolleyes

I feel very confident that all the equip. is being cleaned well. I don't need no stinkin So-Clean.  Tongue-out-2
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.