Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP Cleaner
CPAP Cleaner
I see many mixed reviews as to whether the So Clean does anything necessary or useful for the average CPAP user.

So I'm here to ask - what would be useful? If there was a CPAP cleaner, what features would you want it to have? What features do you feel would be a waste? And what do you think it should cost?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP Cleaner
See my replies over on that other board.

But as a thought, how about a cleaning kit, Brushes, appropriate soap, cloths and pads. Anything more elaborate is just trying to play on peoples fears. What is your identified problem that needs to be solved and how many people believe it is a problem?
Post Reply Post Reply
Since good hygiene with soap and water, produces a good result, nothing is needed. A good tube brush with common household detergent like Dawn may be a plus. rinsing the humidifier chamber, and allowing it to dry between uses, may be more than sufficient. No cost, minimal attention to hygiene, and I'm a happy camper, and have been for the past 10 years.

So Clean is a solution looking for a problem.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider, I agree.

With the daily wipes costing about $9 for a 60 day supply, and a weekly tube and humidifier cleaning, you would get about 2 years worth of wipes for the same price. You can also factor in the machines filters that aren't too cheap either.

Personally, I cannot see paying $300 for an ozone generator with a filter and a fan.

Although, you could probably just use a carbon/hepa filter, a $60 aquarium ozone generator and a fan .... hmmmm I may have just found my next "maker" project.
Post Reply Post Reply
water, detergent, and elbow grease is what one needs to clean.
Post Reply Post Reply
About the only useful items might be a tube brush and hose hanger.
You don't really need those either, convenience more than anything.
A bottle of Dawn and a place to wash it are all that is required.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-01-2017, 05:46 PM)CPAPcleaner Wrote: So I'm here to ask - what would be useful? If there was a CPAP cleaner, what features would you want it to have? What features do you feel would be a waste? And what do you think it should cost?

A pleasant smelling detergent designed for use on CPAP equipment. Brushes designed for cleaning the nooks and crannies of humidifier tanks. The price should be just a bit more than what it would cost if purchased separately. For example, I can find the right kind of detergent in the supermarket, and the brushes elsewhere, but if I can get them conveniently packaged for not much more than what I already pay, I think people would buy them.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've read some very interesting reviews in Amazon relating to these machines (I do not have the link handy but I'll try to remember what was posted).  What I remember is that the Ozone or whatever these machines use get INTO THE MACHINES and Kill the Seals!  I've heard this in a number of venues and I really am beginning to think there is something to this. I do not use these machine cleaning systems. So before you spend your money really really look into this. A good place to go is Amazon as some of the reviews are very telling.
Post Reply Post Reply
Do any moderators/long term CPAP users have the SoClean and would recomend it?
Post Reply Post Reply
G'day Theebrad.

There have been many discussions on SoClean, with the concensus being that it's pretty much unnecessary (or else a gimmick). Here are some of them:  http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/search....order=desc
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.