Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Complete newbie, about to buy my first machine.
RE: Complete newbie, about to buy my first machine.
It also sounds like you are looking at Amazon or Ebay or something like that.

Ordering on-line is OK, but for a first-timer I recommend you use an on-line DME so they can talk you through setup and help get you what you need. You'll get tech support that way, and you might not if you get it from some other seller.

Here's a list of suppliers:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-11-2016, 11:13 PM)chill Wrote: Here is a link to guide you in
your decision: http colon backslash backslash www dot apneaboard dot com/wiki/index dot php...ne_Choices

Was curious to see what this was, but when I click the link I get a Page not Found error. I presume it's an old link?

Replace each " dot " with . and replace the other words accordingly to see what I mean - or go to the original message.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh boy, Thank you so much. Jeeze you guys work fast! A fucking lifesaver. Pardon my french. Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
Interesting perspective, Monkeyfeathers. Thank you. Insight like this is what I need, so I don't freak out if something changes along the way.

So just to be completely clear, all I need is the DreamStation, and the mask, correct? All hoses and jazz will come with both of them (the heating one for the DS and the one connected to the actual mask), correct? I'm getting excited already, can you tell? XD

KSMatthew, I am on Amazon because it is way cheaper than the ones listed on the supplier list. :/ Thank you though, that is definitely the way to go for newbs like me.
Post Reply Post Reply
The hose comes with the machine and connects to the mask. Some masks will come with a short hose already attached, you connect the CPAP hose to the end of that .
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-12-2016, 05:08 PM)EwanRGR Wrote:
(07-11-2016, 11:13 PM)chill Wrote: Here is a link to guide you in
your decision: http colon backslash backslash www dot apneaboard dot com/wiki/index dot php...ne_Choices

Was curious to see what this was, but when I click the link I get a Page not Found error. I presume it's an old link?

Replace each " dot " with . and replace the other words accordingly to see what I mean - or go to the original message.

That link should have been http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ne_Choices

my link is good, even tho it appears the same... Chili must have copied the bad display text off of another post Smile

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the info. The nasal mask worked pretty well for me in my sleep studies. I would like to try a full mask though. Basically, I want whatever will leak the least. Do you know of which mask leaks the least? I know it probably also has to do with a person's shape, size, of their head etc.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, Nuka. Hang in there, the fog will start to clear after you start using the CPAP machine.

The type of mask that leaks the least is nasal pillows. (Maybe I should say "in my opinion".) To use nasal pillows or a nasal mask, you have to be able to keep your mouth closed enough so that you don't have large leaks of air from it. People who have problems with mouth leaks either use a full face mask or get a chin strap to go with their nasal pillows or nasal mask.

You'll see a lot of talk about leaks on this forum. There are two types: leaks from the mask and leaks from the mouth.

Welcome

Does the machine that you're looking at come with a heated hose or non-heated one?

(07-12-2016, 06:19 PM)NukaColaCaps Wrote: Thank you for the info. The nasal mask worked pretty well for me in my sleep studies. I would like to try a full mask though. Basically, I want whatever will leak the least. Do you know of which mask leaks the least? I know it probably also has to do with a person's shape, size, of their head etc.

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-12-2016, 06:13 PM)DariaVader Wrote: That link should have been title=Archangle:Machine_Choices

my link is good, even tho it appears the same... Chili must have copied the bad display text off of another post Smile

Thanks. Only wished I had seen this before I ordered last week. Probably would have made the same choice, but still.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you green wings, I didn't like the nasal pillows because of the pressure emitted. I believe that the dream station comes with heating tubing. Now I'm thinking bout getting the full mask just in case. I think I mean leaks from the mask, not sure. XD I know that I didn't need the strap when I did the nasal mask in the sleep studies.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 395 03-27-2024, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 135 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 196 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 206 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] [NEWBIE] I cannot sleep with CPAP colethegamer 11 489 03-06-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 232 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Newbie with extreme swallowing air Burrells5 3 274 02-28-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.