Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Cpap air problems
Cpap air problems
I have been having problems with my cpap lately. It just started quitting on me and I would pick it up on one side and drop it a little and it would work. It would give me service required. I took out the mother board and had it looked at. They resoldered some connections and it worked fine for a while. It started quitting again and I had it looked at again and this time they said it was a bad power cord. I got a new cord.

Now it seems to work fine until I hook up my mask and it quits in 2-3 breaths. If I take the tube off it works fine. I can also virtually plug the air flow out of the machine it will quit also. I've taken it apart and can see nothing wrong! Any others with similar problems?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Cpap air problems
Hi Okhusker,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Usually, if you are getting "Service Required" messages, it's pretty sure that a new machine is in your future.
Hang in there for more answers to your questions and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Moving parts means it won't last forever. I am no familiar with that machine, old old is it? Most insurance companies will pay for a new one after five years. That suggests that they expect them to have an average service life not much longer than that.
Post Reply Post Reply
some simple math;

365.25 days x 9 hrs / day = 3287.25 hrs / year use

3287.25 hrs / year x 5 years = 16436.25 hrs of use

Can you query your machine to see how many hours it's been used?

Some machines present various aspects of use;

Hours On
Blower Hours
Use Hours

and I wonder if there's some additional coefficient that should be used for the cmH2O pressure that we don't know about.

Consider if you were to drive a car the same amount of time you use this machine in 5 years, it's likely the car wouldn't work very well either.
Warning: Eating chocolate may cause your clothes to shrink!
[Image: ry6XtE9.gif] <---- That's ME!
Post Reply Post Reply
Commonsense dictates that you have a clear choice: repair or replace. If you own an older machine that is not data capable, the decision might be to purchase a new machine or if you do not have insurance coverage, to buy a lightly-used machine from one of the fine internet vendors listed at the top of the page. Your health is too important to leave to a quick hack or bubble-gum fix. Best of luck.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 17 1,886 1 hour ago
Last Post: clan
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 142 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
  Anything can be done for baby with breathing problems Ptee8899 3 213 02-11-2024, 11:30 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Positional Apnea Problems ggibson 13 1,820 11-20-2023, 07:28 AM
Last Post: Jarlo
  CPAP since March 22, still dealing with aerophagia, wakings, and heart rate problems manacles 16 2,528 10-01-2023, 11:16 PM
Last Post: manacles
  CPAP Problems for People with Large Lung Capacity? AquaMan 7 979 09-17-2023, 03:32 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last
Question Top of the head tubing connection problems GaspForAir 2 453 09-05-2023, 06:09 PM
Last Post: Nightynite

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.