Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Crashed asleep into car, now recall, got Chinese machine, please help
Sad 
Crashed asleep into car, now recall, got Chinese machine, please help
Hi all, I'm new to forum.

I had a sleep study and was waiting for a machine. They do not know how many months it will be until one is available. I have to get Ubers when I am too sleepy. I can't live like this - so I went rogue and bought the Moyeah RXiBreeze 20C on Amazon. It came with a too-large nasal mask which leaked massively. I ordered a size small Phillips Respironics ComfortGel Blue nasal mask on Amazon that came without headgear straps. I used the straps from the original mask. It still leaked so much that the machine was struggling and providing uneven pressure. I have not been able to get to sleep much less assess a night's sleep. I have thought of various options: a) throw CPAP machine into canal b) quit my job c) order whatever the nostril mask is called d) return iBreeze to Amazon and keep taking Ubers.

ANY advice appreciated more than you know.
~Sarah

Also, I don't know what pressure it is set on, or how to do that. I seem to remember the man at the sleep lab saying I needed a pressure of 11 (like Spinal Tap), but I might have made that up.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Crashed asleep into car, now recall, got Chinese machine, please help
Hi asleepatwheel! - Welcome

We have a list of suppliers that have CPAPs, both Philips and Resmed. One even offers slightly used CPAPs (Supplier #2) at reduced prices. I believe you will be better served by staying away from Amazon and looking at vendors on the list.

You are the first, that I know of, to have one of the Wellue/Moyeah RXiBreeze 20C CPAP's. Does it have an SD card slot? If so, are you using it to collect data?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Crashed asleep into car, now recall, got Chinese machine, please help
Welcome to this great forum, asleepatwheel! I discovered my sleep apnea by doing the same thing--rear ended a car stopped at a crosswalk. Luckily no injuries except to the cars. You will get a lot needed help here.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] First Post - Can't stay asleep with CPAP DKane 7 118 Yesterday, 12:48 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,034 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 7 265 03-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: michaelyu15
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,060 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  CPAP making me feel very tense while I'm asleep jlpool 15 827 03-16-2024, 05:34 PM
Last Post: jlpool
  [CPAP] Trouble staying asleep with CPAP sarahsleeps 44 1,863 03-12-2024, 01:50 PM
Last Post: sarahsleeps
  [CPAP] Month on CPAP can't stay asleep Trep1018 1 138 03-08-2024, 06:10 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.