Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] DME charges for modem part of Airsense
RE: DME charges for modem part of Airsense
Most billing is by HCPCS code. Our wiki shows you the most of the codes http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...6_Medicare Look for Durable Medical Equipment CPAP. As far as I know, it doensn't get down to the monitoring, but you can find different levels of positive air pressure, equipment,asks, cushions, headgear, tubes, etc. Your Resmes Airsense 10 Autost is E601 and it doesn't matter if its auto or fixed. The humidifier is E0562, and a few more. No modem, so that was bogus.

CPAP/BiPAP MACHINE INSURANCE (HCPCS) CODES:

E0601 Continuous airway pressure (CPAP/APAP) device
E0470 Respiratory assist device, bi-level pressure (BiPAP) capability, WITHOUT backup rate feature, used with noninvasive interface, e.g., nasal or facial mask (intermittent assist device with continuous positive airway pressure device)
E0471 Respiratory assist device, bi-level pressure (BiPAP) capability, WITH backup rate feature, used with noninvasive interface, e.g., nasal or facial mask (intermittent assist device with continuous positive airway pressure device)
E0472 Respiratory assist device, bi-level pressure (BiPAP) capability, WITH backup rate feature, used with invasive interface, e.g., tracheostomy tube (intermittent assist device with continuous positive airway pressure device)
E0561 Humidifier, non-heated, used with positive airway pressure (CPAP/BiPAP/APAP) device
E0562 Humidifier, heated, used with positive airway pressure (CPAP/BiPAP/APAP) device

CPAP/BiPAP MASK INSURANCE (HCPCS) CODES:

A7030 Full Face Mask used with Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP/BiPAP/APAP) Device
A7034 Nasal interface (mask or cannula type) used with positive airway pressure (CPAP/BiPAP/APAP) device , with or without headstrap
A7044 Oral interface used with positive airway pressure (CPAP/BiPAP/APAP) device
K0553 Combination oral/nasal mask, used with continuous positive airway pressure device

CPAP/BiPAP PART & ACCESSORY INSURANCE (HCPCS) CODES:

A7032 Replacement Cushion for Nasal or Full Face Mask
A7033 Replacement Pillows for Nasal Mask
A7035 Headgear used with positive airway pressure device
A7036 Chinstrap used with positive airway pressure device
A7037 Tubing used with positive airway pressure device
A7038 Filter, disposable, used with positive airway pressure device
A7039 Filter, non-disposable (reusable), used with positive airway presssure device
A7045 Exhalation port with or without swivel used with accessories for positive airway pressure devices
A7046 Water chamber for humidifier, used with positive airway pressure device
A9900 or E1399 Miscellaneous Durable Medical Equipment Items, Components and Accessories
K0554 Oral cushion for combination oral/nasal mask
K0555 Nasal pillows for combination oral/nasal mask
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: DME charges for modem part of Airsense
I only have experience with getting DreamStations from my DMEs. And the DreamStation's modem is a removable component; so that is different from the ResMed which has a built-in modem. So I don't know if my story will be helpful to you.

And I don't use Medicare. So my story may really be unhelpful.

My first DME did charge for the modem, even though I told them I did not want the modem. I argued it. I pressed the issue. And there was no way around it with them.

I ended up being unhappy with that slimy DME, so I returned my rented machine to them and found a new DME. My new DME did not charge separately for the modem.

So my advice would be to call around to other DMEs, and see if you can find one that is reasonable.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 621 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,634 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  Eagerly seeking ancient CPAP part ! Visualist 3 302 03-12-2024, 09:34 PM
Last Post: Visualist
  Can I buy just the Airsense 10 Motor replacement part? JohnReam 29 9,908 02-26-2024, 08:30 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  [Equipment] Replacement Cellular Modem DMAllen 18 5,799 02-25-2024, 05:36 AM
Last Post: Neo2020
  Does my ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto have a modem? Morseman 4 265 02-05-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,184 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.