Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP Data Always Inconsistent - AHI's STILL HIGH!
CPAP Data Always Inconsistent - AHI's STILL HIGH!
[attachment=13589]
[attachment=13588]
[attachment=13587]

I've been trying to upload my Oscar data pretty regularly but have been out of town awhile so haven't been on here.  I am concerned that maybe the new mask I started wearing at the beginning of June maybe isn't the right one for me after all - it's a Dream Wear Full Face mask that sits just under the nose and covers the mouth (minimal contact). Sometimes my leaks are very high and I guess that would cause higher AHI readings??? As I move around during the night (I never sleep soundly or still) I can feel air leaking around my nose.  So I will put up a few charts - one was an especially bad night - and see if there's anything I can be doing to improve these problems.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP Data Always Inconsistent - AHI's STILL HIGH!
Jennie
Ignore the red line on your leak rate chart. That value is only for ResMed .

Work on managing the leaks you feel and stabilizing the mask on your face for your movements.

OTH your clustered AHI screams positional and typically is a chin tuck. We have found this to be best managed with either a soft cervical collar that is loose fitting or an anti-snoring collar or "wedge" which has no back to it.
This is a very common issue
Post Reply Post Reply
For more on positional apnea, read this wiki http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...onal_Apnea
A soft cervical collar would likely resolve your inconsistent and high AHI.  

Of course you have heard this several times before... http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid299377
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
This has been mentioned to me several times on here - using a soft cervical collar for sleep.  I bought one and used it part of the night and had to take it off because I felt like I was suffocating.  Maybe I need to go directly to a local medical supply/CPAP store and get fitted for one that I can be comfortable with.  Another bad habit that I'm having a hard time giving up is that with my insomnia I always have the television on when I go to bed and I find that while watching it my chin definitely drops so it has become accustomed to being in that position . I do have to have at least one pillow and be somewhat elevated due to my acid reflux problem.  I really need to get this figured out soon as I am feeling more and more tired upon wakening every morning.
Post Reply Post Reply
An incline or wedge is better than more pillows. Consider an adjustable bed, Zero Gravity bed or wedge pillow. A coaster is meant to support the jaw, not to be tight around your neck. If it’s tight it’s not right.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=13758
][attachment=13757
[attachment=13759

No luck with the soft cervical collar - too difficult to get used to and be comfortable with.  The wedge pillow under the back of my head is no help at all - I get no support on the back of my neck and it also caused the chin tucks.  Here is last night's data - read it and weep...
Post Reply Post Reply
Looks pretty awful. While I respect that a collar seems intolerable to you, the solution will end up being something that prevents the chin-tucking that is the root cause of your problem. Your innovation in finding a solution will help you and others...good luck!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-13-2019, 10:39 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: For more on positional apnea, read this wiki http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...onal_Apnea
A soft cervical collar would likely resolve your inconsistent and high AHI.  

Of course you have heard this several times before...  http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid299377

This is incredible!
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...onal_Apnea

I"m so happy to see it.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Jennie,
Try a rolled towel under your chin, hold it there anyway you like. As SR said any way you can stop the root cause (chin tuck) will help you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Jennie, take a look at the Neck Helper collar. It is on a website by the same name and costs $44 with a 30 day risk-free trial. It looks very effective and lightweight. I'd be interested to hear your impressions if you decide to give it a try.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 125 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  [Pressure] ASV pressure too high. Please Help Mosleepy 27 693 03-21-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 143 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 1 105 03-19-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 117 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  COSA, hypoxemia, AFIB, high BP, polycythemia, and CBTI? Motorheadrulz 45 4,422 03-16-2024, 11:21 AM
Last Post: Motorheadrulz
  Stumbled into amazing fix for my high ahi Lanners 2 213 03-09-2024, 11:15 AM
Last Post: kkjacks

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.