Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Data analysis
Data analysis
It has been about an year I have been using CPAP machine. Though I fell better than before but still struggling with constant daytime sleepiness and find it very difficult to wake up even after 8hrs+ sleep. 
I am drooling a lot & I feel that my mermory is getting weaker. I am forgetting things & failing to recall familiar names, faces etc. not in a massive way but still noticablely

Please help to analyze the data and suggest what can I do to make it better.

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Data analysis
G'day T818.

We're very happy to help you analyse the data. The best way is for you to upload a Daily page from OSCAR (or Sleepyhead as you have that). The page must be formatted exactly as shown in these instructions.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello,
I have made necessary changes according to the guideline. Please help to analyze the data.

It's been about an year I have been using CPAP machine. Though I fell better than before but still struggling with constant daytime sleepiness and find it very difficult to wake up. And almost falling asleep behind the wheels while driving few times.

I am drooling a lot speciallay if I sleep on my left side. Without the machine I dont seem to drool(may be a bit). Any solution for this?

I feel that my mermory is getting weaker. I am forgetting things & failing to recall familiar names, faces etc. not in a massive way but still noticable. Could it be something else? Should I consult a neurologist?

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Your numbers are good, make that very good, your flow limits are a little high so to adjust those

set your min pressure to 7 and EPR=3

Then let's see how you are doing. Later I may suggest dropping max slowly to 8 to lessen pressure changes thru the night caused by flow limitations IF, only if your obstructive events do not climb in the process.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Bonjour!
I will make the changes. How long should I observe and post again with new data?
Post Reply Post Reply
feel free to post a chart tomorrow. That will show if we need an unexpected immediate correction. Nothing wrong with looking at data.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello,

I am uploading new screenshots after making the changes. I took a few days observation to see how the data varies day to day.
Post Reply Post Reply
And how do you feel?
Post Reply Post Reply
Still sleepy but the intensity was lower I think.
Any suggestions from the data? Should I change anything?
Post Reply Post Reply
The issues you indicated in your OP could indicate oxygen desats. I doubt it and typically CPAP therapy often eliminates desats. Can you monitor your oxygen overnight?
Meds are a possibility, what are you taking?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Oscar Help - Analysis after 3 Weeks, Improvements! ef8mk 7 322 03-24-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: ef8mk
  New and in Need OSCAR Analysis Well Marbled 1 65 1,419 03-23-2024, 12:34 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 203 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Help with Oscar Analysis SleepyinMD 0 147 03-07-2024, 10:04 AM
Last Post: SleepyinMD
  Screenshot analysis yankees123 10 368 01-31-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: yankees123
  erqq - CPAP Analysis erqq 16 869 01-29-2024, 02:31 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Clementine39 - Therapy Analysis Clementine39 2 255 01-26-2024, 11:32 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.