Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP Data only shows last 10 days
CPAP Data only shows last 10 days
My Oscar data will only load the last ten days of data. The data older than 10 days that have not been previously loaded show "0".  This started when my then CPAP vendor had my card for download (4 yrs ago). I have subsequently created a new profile, loaded old data, tried a different data card, and upgraded to Oscar. I even have a new CPAP machine.  Still the same issue. Is there a setting in Oscar that tells it to only load the last ten days?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP Data only shows last 10 days
I could be wrong here, but it sounds like your vendor changed a setting on your machine at some point (maybe 4 years ago).  I'm not familiar with Phillips products but the ResMed line the DME/Dr can use the SD card to change some settings on your machine with their official software.  You may need to get into the clinicians menu and check all your settings on the machine itself.

OSCAR does have a setting in preferences where you can tell it to not import data older than a certain data.  But as far as I know it's only a single date and not something like the last 10 days.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've never heard of this sort of limitation on PRS1 machines before. Especially if you've tried a new SD card and new CPAP and you're still seeing it, something weird seems to be going on.

Is your doctor remotely monitoring or configuring your machine?

Are you running the latest version of OSCAR? We might want a copy of your logs or SD card.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-31-2020, 03:41 AM)Steve7833 Wrote: The data older than 10 days that have not been previously loaded show "0".

So, is the time interval between importing into OSCAR more than 10 days?  I think, not sure, that PRS machines only keep a limited number of days of detailed data on their SD card. If so, if you import less frequently than that, you will be missing some data.

@sawinglogz: please confirm whether this is correct about PRS machines or whether I am misremembering and confused!
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Are you sleeping with the SD card in the machine ? You need to keep the SD card in the machine to get full coverage of data on the SD card the philips has limited onboard storage for some data but it works better leaving the SD card in the machine
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-31-2020, 02:03 PM)sawinglogz Wrote: I've never heard of this sort of limitation on PRS1 machines before. Especially if you've tried a new SD card and new CPAP and you're still seeing it, something weird seems to be going on.

Is your doctor remotely monitoring or configuring your machine?

Are you running the latest version of OSCAR? We might want a copy of your logs or SD card.

Thanks. My Doctor doesn't monitor or configure  the machine. The DME supplier set the machine up without accessing my old machine.  I have Oscar 1.2. Will send file if you want to look.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-01-2021, 09:35 AM)jaswilliams Wrote: Are you sleeping with the SD card in the machine ? You need to keep the SD card in the machine to get full coverage of data on the SD card the philips has limited onboard storage for some data but it works better leaving the SD card in the machine

No, the card is usually out of the machine between updates. Good idea on keeping it in machine. I'll post the results in 14  days.
Post Reply Post Reply
The SD card HAS to be in the Dreamstation while you are using it to obtain detailed sleep data. I hope this will fix your problem.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you I will do this and let you know what happens.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-31-2020, 02:34 PM)GuyScharf Wrote: I think, not sure, that PRS machines only keep a limited number of days of detailed data on their SD card. If so, if you import less frequently than that, you will be missing some data.

@sawinglogz: please confirm whether this is correct about PRS machines or whether I am misremembering and confused!

No, you're confusing its onboard memory with SD cards.

PRS1 data is so compact (about 100MB/year) that you will probably never run out of room on a 2GB SD card, and it doesn't do any pruning of its data.  Clinicians can "erase" the card after import, but usually that just moves the old sessions to a "cleared" directory so they won't be seen by official software on the next import.  OSCAR looks in those directories, so it'll find everything on the SD card.

The onboard memory, on the other hand, is limited. If you don't have an SD card inserted, it can remember many days of compliance/usage data (I've never found a limit, at least 30 days), it can remember 7 days of detailed event data, and it looks like it will even remember 1 night's waveform data. Then when you insert the SD card, it writes what it remembers onto the SD card.

So if you accidentally leave your card out one night, just insert it in the morning and you probably won't be missing anything. (I haven't confirmed if all models remember waveform data without the SD card or just autoSV.)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 77 Today, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
  OSCAR Profiles and Combining Different Brand CPAP Data StratCat48 2 49 03-22-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 292 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,629 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  Oscar Shows Incorrect Date for Imported from Wellue O2 Ring DanaH 8 508 02-01-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question Statistics page, changes to device settings area, FL always shows 0.00? DancesWithCats 1 282 01-19-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Automating process of getting CPAP data mgdapnea 6 770 12-26-2023, 06:39 PM
Last Post: mgdapnea

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.