Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

IS Resmart CPCP machine any good?
RE: IS Resmart CPCP machine any good?
Can't really explain price differences in international markets, or even in the U.S. Alot of disparity from one country to the next. Generally, the market leaders set the expected range and everyone follows along I think. I'm not involved in that end of things, and most handle customer service. I do know that we try hard to make our units affordable.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't know about buying their machines, but their full face masks for people on their own nickel look like it might work, especially when it comes with headgear (that looks to be a standard four point) and tube. Those two items can be worth the price of the whole package! It's like getting a free face mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-18-2013, 09:14 AM)SleepinginAdelaide Wrote: Good balanced post zonk. I have both a BMC APAP and a Resmed S9 Autoset. Treatment wise my ahi is almost identical with either machine. The Resmed is a quieter machine. The Resmart like any machine has to be set up correctly and actually has 3 modes built in. Auto Titrate, APAP and CPAP. Auto Titrate and APAP are different in the way they handle the minimum pressure set in the machine. The Resmart has its own proprietary software and is very good with the data collected. There are an abundance of bar and line graphs available and flow graphs are also provided. Data transfer is via a serial to usb cable. This is a bit of work to start with but works very well.

The humidifier works really well and even after 9 hours there is still plenty of water left.

Res-piration : maybe all the manufacturers are trying to indicate a connection with breathing.

There is an excellent pdf on the web explaining how to use the figures provided from the Auto titration to set up you machine. The clinical menu is easily accessed. You don't mention which machine you have APAP or CPAP or maybe I missed it. What I have written is primarily for the APAP machine. As zonk said the machines are half the cost of the market leaders here in Australia but definitely much more than half as good. I'm happy with mine and I have an S9 Autoset as a backup or the other way round if the mood takes me.

All the best with you machine.

I am more than happy with RESmart APAP after 3.5 months of use.
The machine is quite data capable and you can either get a summary using the iCode feature or the SD card. I use the SD card on an almost daily basis and really like reviewing and mousing over the daily graph chart and expanding it for the most information.
Attached is a sample daily chart that I copy using 'snipping tool' and convert to a .png file for review, etc.
My machine does not have the auto-titrate option but that's no big deal. You can see where you're at using auto settings and 'dial-winging' but lab titration optimal setting is one's reference point.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Good AHI but Low Tidal Volume and Minute Ventilation erolalper 1 111 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  25 years of cpap, and still not working good Johan van der veen 2 143 03-08-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Johan van der veen
  [CPAP] Started to feel good, then woke up feeling HORRIBLE TiredDude 4 772 02-15-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: TiredDude
  Poor quality sleep on ASV with good AHI sleepydawg99 8 608 12-19-2023, 12:23 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  First week - One "good" night and waking up with mask off most nights ghost10 9 673 12-15-2023, 11:56 AM
Last Post: ghost10
Question Please Review My Data (Oximeter Info Included) — Still Tired Despite "Good" Treatment avhenry 16 1,933 12-04-2023, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  [Pressure] Can't get a good night sleep no matter what. Please help mrsleepyhead2001 1 394 11-24-2023, 01:19 PM
Last Post: gainerfull

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.