Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP Data
CPAP Data
Hello again everyone,

I have some figures on my CPAP and am wondering could any of you tell me what they mean? I cannot understand if they give an indication as to my therapy or are just set by my Sleep Doc.

This is all the information i can read on my CPAP display screen.

C-Flex 1
Ramp Time 0.30
Ramp Start 4.0
System One Resistance X1

1 Day Therapy Hours 7.42
7 Day Therapy Hours 5.48
30 Day Therapy Hours 6.48

Day's >4 1 Day - 1
7 Day - 4
30 Day - 12

Large Leak - 1 Day 18%
7 Day - 11%
30 Day - 17%

AHI - 1 Day - 1.2
7 Day - 1.1
30 Day - 1.6

That's it, I have not woken these past two nights with the pressure set at 6. So this must be the right pressure prescribed. If i download sleepyhead and remove the SD card, will it upset any of the settings? As my doc has prescribed the fixed settings, i don't want to mess around with it. I cannot find any 90% pressure readings, only periodic breathing and that's at 0.0% for 1,7,and 30 days.

Appreciate anyone's thoughts about the current display readings and what more info sleepyhead would give me.

Best Wishes
Sweet Birdsong Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP Data
Those numbers are not bad. You may have to adjust your mask some. Removing the card will not change the settings. As for SleepyHead, it will not change any of your settings and won't write anything to your SD card but before putting the card into your computer slide the lock switch down on the left side of the card. This *should* keep your computer from writing anything to the card. Remember to slide the switch back up to unlock before you return it to your machine. .
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
C-Flex http://cflex.respironics.com/
System One Resistance http://www.healthcare.philips.com/main/h...ontrol.wpd

The Ramp set for 30 minutes, pressure start at 4 and reaches 6 within 30 minutes and every time you turn off the machine, pressure start at 4
btw, its a good idea to turn off the machine, if you have to go the bathroom during the night

No problem, you can remove the card and download the data but make sure you put the card back in the machine, easily can be left out

As for 90% pressure reading, only available when using the machine on auto
Not on fixed pressure as pressure stay constant all night except Ramp period

Post Reply Post Reply
It does look like your numbers are good (AHI values), but the real kicker here is being able to sleep all night, and how you feel during the day. You didn't say in this post, but I am guessing you are feeling better.

Leaks may impact your sleep in the following ways, but honestly they may also not be any big deal:

1. high rate of leaking can interfere with the machine's detecting and scoring of events. It may not count them all.
2. when using a nasal mask, leaking can be flow out of the mouth or leak of seal against the face. leak out the mouth can make your throat/mouth extra dry and reduce the effectiveness of the therapy. leak of seal against the face may propel bursts, jets, or steady breeze against skin or possibly eyes, which can cause eye dryness sometimes extreme eye irritation.

Any negatives should be easily noticeable, so if you don't have those symptoms, the leaks may not even be something you should go to extremes to fix.

You'll see the most comments of stopping leakage through the mouth as either tongue seal techniques or using a chin strap.

Keep on doing what you are doing. The numbers you can definitely influence are getting that usage >4 hrs to 7 out of 7 days.

Happy sleepy bird songs!

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-30-2015, 05:21 AM)AlanE Wrote: Those numbers are not bad. You may have to adjust your mask some. Removing the card will not change the settings. As for SleepyHead, it will not change any of your settings and won't write anything to your SD card but before putting the card into your computer slide the lock switch down on the left side of the card. This *should* keep your computer from writing anything to the card. Remember to slide the switch back up to unlock before you return it to your machine. .

Many thanks, i will take care with the SD card.

Best Wishes
Sweet Birdsong Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-30-2015, 09:31 AM)quiescence at last Wrote: It does look like your numbers are good (AHI values), but the real kicker here is being able to sleep all night, and how you feel during the day. You didn't say in this post, but I am guessing you are feeling better.

Leaks may impact your sleep in the following ways, but honestly they may also not be any big deal:

1. high rate of leaking can interfere with the machine's detecting and scoring of events. It may not count them all.
2. when using a nasal mask, leaking can be flow out of the mouth or leak of seal against the face. leak out the mouth can make your throat/mouth extra dry and reduce the effectiveness of the therapy. leak of seal against the face may propel bursts, jets, or steady breeze against skin or possibly eyes, which can cause eye dryness sometimes extreme eye irritation.

Any negatives should be easily noticeable, so if you don't have those symptoms, the leaks may not even be something you should go to extremes to fix.

You'll see the most comments of stopping leakage through the mouth as either tongue seal techniques or using a chin strap.

Keep on doing what you are doing. The numbers you can definitely influence are getting that usage >4 hrs to 7 out of 7 days.

Happy sleepy bird songs!

QAL

Hi there and thanks for your thoughts,

I have slept these past 2 nights straight with the pressure fixed at 6. However i am still very sleepy and drowsy during the day, the doc said this will take awhile to settle. At times i do struggle with the face mask, but i am getting used to it now. It can be quite tricky getting it not to leak, but once it's in place correctly i'm fine.

I have a question for you, my AHI numbers are not changing they seem to be staying the same, is CPAP supposed to eliminate them completely or is it normal they stay as they are. I will be checking them every day from now on, but I'm almost sure they are the same. Also the >4 days, Am i doing well with using my CPAP overall? I am a little confused as to what all the numbers mean!

The ramp has also been prescribed so i don't think i should adjust any settings. The doc hopefully has got it right for me.

Thanks again
Best Wishes
Sweet Birdsong Smile

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-30-2015, 05:40 AM)zonk Wrote: C-Flex http://cflex.respironics.com/
System One Resistance http://www.healthcare.philips.com/main/h...ontrol.wpd

The Ramp set for 30 minutes, pressure start at 4 and reaches 6 within 30 minutes and every time you turn off the machine, pressure start at 4
btw, its a good idea to turn off the machine, if you have to go the bathroom during the night

No problem, you can remove the card and download the data but make sure you put the card back in the machine, easily can be left out

As for 90% pressure reading, only available when using the machine on auto
Not on fixed pressure as pressure stay constant all night except Ramp period

Hi and thanks for the info and web sites, Yes I do switch the machine off if I need to go bathroom. Does the ramp feature usually be prescribed by a sleep doc along with the fixed pressure. Am I correct in saying every 30 minutes it reaches the fixed rate of 6? Then goes back down to 4 again. It's a bit confusing!

Best Wishes
Sweet Birdsong Smile

Post Reply Post Reply
It will take time for your body to adjust to sleep. Actually getting sleep. Your AHI numbers would most likely be much higher without CPAP. Anything below 5 is considered treated. In the beginning of my therapy my AHI numbers were all over the place. My average was around 8 but went as high as the upper 20's. Now after making adjustments to my pressure with the help of some very knowledgeable folks here, my numbers fluctuate from <1 to <3. I've been adjusting my pressure little by little trying to find the sweet spot. However, saying that, it's not so much the numbers but how you feel. "Don't chase the gauges". For us that means don't obsess about the AHI number so much as how you feel in the morning. It will get better. It may take a few weeks to a few months. I've been on therapy for about 2 months now and just starting to feel it. I slip back every now and then but the progress seems to be always forward.

Good luck and keep going no matter what.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-30-2015, 04:40 PM)AlanE Wrote: It will take time for your body to adjust to sleep. Actually getting sleep. Your AHI numbers would most likely be much higher without CPAP. Anything below 5 is considered treated. In the beginning of my therapy my AHI numbers were all over the place. My average was around 8 but went as high as the upper 20's. Now after making adjustments to my pressure with the help of some very knowledgeable folks here, my numbers fluctuate from <1 to <3. I've been adjusting my pressure little by little trying to find the sweet spot. However, saying that, it's not so much the numbers but how you feel. "Don't chase the gauges". For us that means don't obsess about the AHI number so much as how you feel in the morning. It will get better. It may take a few weeks to a few months. I've been on therapy for about 2 months now and just starting to feel it. I slip back every now and then but the progress seems to be always forward.

Good luck and keep going no matter what.

Many Thanks for your thoughts.

Yes my doc said it's gonna take awhile, so i should start to feel better in the next couple of weeks. My AHI was 7.6 before i started CPAP, so it's working so far. I will keep going because i am sick of the sleepiness and drowsiness i have most days when i wake up, but it's been really bad this past year so bad i rarely left my house and everything became quite difficult. I am still feeling that drunken feeling and Unbalance and i originally went to a neurologist thinking it my symptoms were similar to MS.

Thankfully i do not have MS, and my Sleep Apnea would cause memory problems my doc said, but unlikely to cause clumsiness and balance issues. I still have one more test to do and that's neurophyscometry. I am quite confused at times and don't know if it's this sleepiness is causing all of these other symptoms. I'll give it some more time and see where I'm at in a couple of months. Just wish this wobbly drunken feeling would leave.

CPAP should help me hopefully Smile

Best Wishes
Sweet Birdsong Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
I can so relate to all that. I was thinking I might have a brain tumor or Alzheimer or something else. I would tell my wife, "Lets go to XYZ store and get this." then when we were walking in the store I would ask her what we were there for. When I went to my doctor I was fully expecting some stupid diagnosis and thought "this is how the rest of my life will be I guess". My doctor asked me one question which I thought was odd - "How are you sleeping?" The rest is history.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 0 52 03-17-2024, 07:09 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  [CPAP] New to cpap! Just wondering if my data looks ok so far wwjkcd 1 144 03-08-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] Need help with low pulse ox data/CPAP data Dan E 5 384 02-05-2024, 03:41 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  New CPAP user - OSCAR Data Bourgi 7 671 02-04-2024, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Bourgi
  [Pressure] Fairly new to CPAP, need help interpreting OSCAR data Maverick3u3 5 294 02-04-2024, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Maverick3u3
Question [Pressure] Returning Auto CPAP user, help interpreting my OSCAR data and pressure settings cpappadoppoulos 3 388 01-25-2024, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Video [Treatment] Looking for Insight on my CPAP data scarcityj 6 380 01-16-2024, 10:09 PM
Last Post: scarcityj

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.