Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Quatro
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 10-15
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

RE: Day 1 of a "new normal"
Ugh, I just found out my S9 does NOT have all the sleep info I would have liked to have had. Was really looking forward to dl all the stats (I love that geeky stuff) to evaluate. Just seeing simply a daily usage won't cut it for me and my hunger for stats. Ok for the ins co, however. Will def have to talk to my DME and, when I see the Doc for my first follow-up visit. How the heck is he going to eval how I'm doing? I guess, just by how I'm feeling and what I tell him?! Meh!!

Again, appreciate all the advice especially on the mask and a possible fix. Will make adjustments tonight and see how that does with my nose.

You all are great; I am loving this and like I said, feel very welcomed!

A good laugh and a long sleep are the best cures....
04-11-2014 04:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
justMongo Offline

Monitors

Machine: ResMed VPAP Auto (S9)
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 18 IPAPmax - 11 EPAPmin, PS=5
CPAP Software: Other Software

Other Comments: μολὼν λαβέ

Sorry you just signed up today Stargazer. Yes, the Escape model is not data capable. The DMEs like to hand them out to maximize profit.
They do the job; but give no insight into how well it's going. You never have more power with a DME than before you accept the machine.

Many people have had a tough time getting their insurance and DMEs to swap to say an S9 Autoset. Some people just bite the bullet and pay out of pocket for one.

Some docs just give you the Epworth Sleepiness Quiz to judge how you're doing.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
04-11-2014 06:32 PM
Gabby Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet For Her
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Philips Nuance Nasal Mask
Humidifier: ResMed AirSense 10 For Her
CPAP Pressure: 8-14
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Female

Welcome Stargazer, great you have had such a positive start, you are very lucky.
I hope you are able to sort it out and change your machine for a data capable one, it will make all the difference.
Keep up the good work!

Sleep Tight...
Gabby
04-12-2014 05:06 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
JimZZZ Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed S9 AutoSet
Mask Make & Model: Fisher & Paykel Simplus
Humidifier: ResMed H5i (not using)
CPAP Pressure: 9 - 14
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: CareFusion PureSom Ultra Chinstrap

(04-11-2014 04:03 PM)zonk Wrote:  
(04-11-2014 11:24 AM)Stargazer Wrote:  Hello Folks, so happy I found this board; just signed up today! Hopefully, I'm in the right area. Recently diagnosed with severe OSA (43 AHI).
Had the two studies and just recieved my ResMEd S9 Escape w/humidifier yesterday.
FYI, the Escape models are not data capable machines, does not record AHI, leak information or anything useful on the machine or on the SD card other than usage hours which might be okay for the DME/insurance compliance but not okay for you and your doctor, both of you cannot tell how AHI on PAP compare to the sleep study AHI. Talk to your DME and the doc to replace the machine with S9 AutoSet, month or a year from now, you,ll be glad, strike while the iron is hot
Just want to second zonk's opinion about therapy with no feedback. I want to do the best for myself and without performance data would be in the dark. I think a sleep doctor/DME team that puts a patient on a BRICK compares to a doctor who administers blood pressure medication and fails to monitor your blood pressure.
04-12-2014 06:06 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Is this sound normal? - Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset Ronberta 8 1,286 11-29-2016 07:59 PM
Last Post: sonicboom
  Oximeter Normal Graph shermantank45 14 600 11-03-2016 06:00 PM
Last Post: kwhenrykerr
  What is Normal Average Leak Rate? Lanco 44 2,974 08-24-2016 01:52 AM
Last Post: Lanco
  CPAP - Tired is that normal ? stephennic 9 744 08-21-2016 03:14 PM
Last Post: icyura10
  It this normal? theone 41 2,274 07-13-2016 06:34 PM
Last Post: theone
  Felt happy for one week, now back to normal hmucha 10 1,125 07-11-2016 06:00 AM
Last Post: OMyMyOHellYes
  Philips Dreamstation - Engine wine at 9cm is that normal stephennic 8 673 07-10-2016 03:28 AM
Last Post: stephennic