Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Devilbiss IntelliPAP2 pressure setting
Devilbiss IntelliPAP2 pressure setting
Hi, this is my first day on this site so bare with me.

I have just purchased a new Devilbiss IntellipAP 2 CPAP and may need to adjust the pressures. Apneaboard do not appear to have a manual available. Does anyone have any information on how I access the unit to adjust the pressures?

Also is there any software available that is compatible with this unit?

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Devilbiss IntelliPAP2 pressure setting
Hi Tom,

I found what appears to be the combined patient manual (not the provider or clinician manual, however) that covers both the DV63 IntelliPAP2 Standard Plus and the DV64 IntelliPAP2 AutoAdjust CPAP Series machines. I've put it here for you:

http://www.apneaboard.com/file_links121/...manual.pdf

It appears that this manual doesn't give you what you need to enter the Clinician Setup Mode.

In fact, from reading through the manual, starting on page EN-11, it appears that starting with these new IntelliPAP2 machines, DeVilbiss has implemented some sort of secret "encrypted code" to make therapy changes to your machine. From the looks of it, this is some sort of "preventative measure" to make sure that patients can't change their own pressure or other CPAP settings without help from a DeVilbiss-approved medical profesional. If true, this is a very bad development and I would encourage any patient interested in taking an active role in their own CPAP therapy to avoid all future DeVilbiss CPAP products.

That said, perhaps some enterprising patient can somehow figure out how to get into the Clinician setup mode. I did notice that DeVilbiss has a website set up at https://www.intellipap.com where codes can be entered for reports at least - but I don't have a IntelliPAP2 to check out how that works, exactly. It may be simply to allow patients to print up reports for their doctor's use - I'm not quite sure... or maybe it allows you to print a report with enough information to be useful to you personally, showing things like AHI, 95% pressure and other info.

I could be wrong, but that appears to be a separate "code" than the code that's required in order to change pressure and other settings (ie-- via the SmartCode Rx Submenu).

Let me know what you find out and please post back here if you find further information that might be helpful to other IntelliPAP2 users. There's more of these machines being distributed now, so I'm hoping we can figure out how to get into the Clinician Setup mode in order to help patients who have less-than-responsive health care providers.

Let us know what you find out.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi TommBoyd,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck to you with your new machine.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm pleased to advise that I have found that it is very easy to get into the Clinical Setup mode of the Devilbiss IntelliPAP2.

To enter the clinical setup press and hold the ramp button on the top of the unit and at the same time press the enter button on the front of the unit then press the On/Off button while holding the other two buttons.

This will then show a message:-

To exit the Clinical setup repeat the same procedure.

My first night with the unit was a little disappointing as the brightness of the clock lite up the bedroom, it does not have an auto dim so I will try it tonight on the lowest brightness setting and see how it goes.

As I progress with the machine I will file a further report.

Thanks to Apnea Board for the assistance.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-19-2016, 01:03 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: In fact, from reading through the manual, starting on page EN-11, it appears that starting with these new IntelliPAP2 machines, DeVilbiss has implemented some sort of secret "encrypted code" to make therapy changes to your machine.

I think that's just so they can give patients a way to get their pressures adjusted, without having to take the machine in... pretty handy, actually.
Post Reply Post Reply
Been looking for a travel unit for a while. Was eyeing on the Z1 but lack of features. It is small though. 

Had been taking the DreamStation with me whenever I was on a trip.  Can't sleep without the unit. I really want a backup unit in case the DS is broken down so a travel unit make sense. 

Have to go to somewhere again next month and I found this IntelliPAP ver 2. A little bigger foot print but got the features I need. Ordered one from this Walton Medical yesterday and got it today. Fantastic service. Matt is a nice guy. Best price. BTW he told me there's no tax and shipping on this class 2 medical equipment. I paid tax for my DreamStation but not this one. Anyone knows we have to pay tax on these medical equipment in Canada?

Here's the manual for the Heated Humidifier. And thanks TommBoyd for the Clinical Setup mode. And thanks SuperSleeper for the info.

Now I have a new toy to play to get familiar with the unit for my next trip.
Post Reply Post Reply
TomBoyd,
I have just installed Smartlink Desktop Version 3. It is really designed for Patient management, however, it does give breathe by breath data and events. this is available through Supplier #1. I am really happy with the machine and pulse dose, however Sleepyhead compatibility would be better. Maybe one day.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-20-2016, 02:04 AM)TommBoyd Wrote: I'm pleased to advise that I have found that it is very easy to get into the Clinical Setup mode of the Devilbiss IntelliPAP2.

To enter the clinical setup press and hold the ramp button on the top of the unit and at the same time press the enter button on the front of the unit then press the On/Off button while holding the other two buttons.

This will then show a message:-

To exit the Clinical setup repeat the same procedure.

My first night with the unit was a little disappointing as the brightness of the clock lite up the bedroom, it does not have an auto dim so I will try it tonight on the lowest brightness setting and see how it goes.

As I progress with the machine I will file a further report.

Thanks to Apnea Board for the assistance.

Thanks It worked.  Thank you. The darn thing has been blowing my mask off.  The clinician set my machine at 12 even tho my sleep study showed 10 was perfect for me.  I will see what happens tonite.  Thank you again!  Now if I can just figure out how to post my reply.
Post Reply Post Reply
yes, thank you Tommy for this information!

i mean, after a month, this device has been nothing short of a fancy and overpriced alarm clock.  it was ridiculous to wake up at who knows what hour with the mask literally blown off my meaty face, and what felt like a jet engine blowing into my confused self.

i lowered mine from 11 to 8.5....hopefully, that will work nicely.  by trial and error, i am optimistic of finding a "sweet spot" and...dare i say it...actually get some good sleep for the first time in many, many years.

Scrapjockey, i take it you are sleeping well since you haven't been back in about a year to report anything.....awesome!
Post Reply Post Reply
The only problem I have now is fitting the face mask, and waking up with severe dry mouth when I sleep on my back.  Otherwise, it is set correctly now that I was able to change the setting.  I'm still having problems with this forum in figuring out how to reply etc.  I'm just winging it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,015 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AirSense 10 Max Pressure setting Tomt 13 812 03-04-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Tomt
  Air Sense 11 - Pressure Setting goblue2024 3 404 01-10-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  [CPAP] Need help with setting minimum pressure for my Father. Jamie Connor 2 373 01-07-2024, 12:18 AM
Last Post: Jamie Connor
  AirSense 10 and Humidity Setting Columbiabill 16 2,910 12-12-2023, 08:06 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Mask Type Setting Mpadgett714 1 506 12-11-2023, 01:10 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
  Question about Bilevel setting yankees123 8 500 12-10-2023, 10:52 PM
Last Post: yankees123

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.