Hi. I am very new to this forum and I am trying to wrap myself around my diagnosis, that I just got today. I have asked my non-compliant sleep apnea sister but she isn't to forth-coming with information so I thought there had to be a place somewhere for me, so after a search I found you
I had my sleep study 2 weeks ago, and had my results today. I am a 40 year old, mom, wife, student, (DM, HTN, etc)
My report states the following if anyone can help with info, I would appreciate it.
1. Pt slept just over 6 hours. Sleep latency was low-normal at 12 minutes.
2. Sleep architecture was abnormal with a relative increase in SWS and a mild reduction in REM sleep.
3. Sleep Disordered breathing was evident with an RDI of 16.7 increasing to 44.2 per hour of REM sleep. A positional component was suggested by the RDI of 55.1 (supine sleep) and 15.5 (lateral sleep). The longest apnea measured 20.5 seconds.
4. Mean oxygen saturation was normal at 93%. 02 saturation was noted with each REM episode. Lowest SA was 79%
5. Periodic limb movements (PLM) were scored with PLM index of 1.8.
6. Overall micro-arousal index was 8.0.
7. Mean heart rate was 90. There were no obvious dysrhythmias. - I have tachycardia.
8. Snoring was noted intermittently during the study.
1. Moderately severe OSA/H syndrome with prominent positional and REM-related components.
2. relative tachycardia
I am having another sleep study for CPAP placement and titration. I did not meet the criteria for CPAP intervention at the time of the study.
I am also curious (and will read more threads) on different machines, humidifiers, etc. I am trying to arm myself with knowledge....so I can get what I need/ want....
Thank you for reading this and sorry it is so long.....
Camyssa - who cannot wait to sleep better--hoping some health improvements along the way.