Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Do you use CPAP during the day
Do you use CPAP during the day
I am babysitting a 120 dog beast this weekend---no not by choice!  Really good dog BUT she woke me up at 4:30a.m. To go out.  At that point I had already slept 6 hours and wasn't ready to go back to bed.

My question is--if i need to sleep again or take a nap should I use my machine?  Does it add to/or throw off daily stats?

Thoughts please and thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Do you use CPAP during the day
The best practice is to always use your CPAP when sleeping or napping.  Your Resmed is programmed for a noon to noon day.  This means any nap before noon will be amended to the last sleep session.  After noon, the nap will be recorded along with your upcoming nightly data for that day.

As far as throwing off your stats; It will just add to them.  In SleepyHead you can elect to turnoff those results by scrolling down in the Details screen (lower left in Daily) and sliding the green switch to red.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the reply.  I felt it would probably be best to ALWAYS use the machine for any sleeping event but just wanted to know what others thought.
Post Reply Post Reply
I always use mine if I need a nap. I have noticed that now-a-days my naps are way shorter than BC ( that's before CPAP). BC a nap was 1 -2 hours, now its 30-45 minutes. All spontaneous as far as durations. I think it's important to know how much you sleep in a 24 hour period. Damned if I know what I'd do with that if it were to change much though.
Post Reply Post Reply
I suffer if I forget.

Post Reply Post Reply
I think best choice is to use the machine whenever you nap. But some depends on your apnea. I only have apnea during REM and nearREM, which I never get during an average nap of 1-1.5 hours. My oxygen level is also stable for 1.5 hours. So, I often skip my mask but SET AN ALARM so I don't oversleep that oxygen level. If I need a longer nap (little to no sleep night before for whatever reason) or don't feel well, I always use my mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
I always try to use mine when I take a nap. It makes my nap so much better. If I don't use it I wake up a lot.
Post Reply Post Reply
I to use mine when taking a nap.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use my mask and machine every time I nap, even when I clean out my ears, just in case I doze off.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Every time I lay down, just in case I go to sleep. I seldom nap since I started CPAP.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.