Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Does the infarction affect the breathing in the device?
RE: Does the infarction affect the breathing in the device?
I have ResMed Poland company near me. They will probably give me a few masks to try, I'm going to them right away.
I know that the mask is individual, but I ask because I do not want to have a full face mask, but I would like it to be tight. My previous one is like in the picture, a few posts earlier. A photo from the hospital in a tangle of cables. I do not know what it's called, it's from 4 years ago. I'm not going to save money on the mask.

I do not suppose that changing the mask would cause that the device will give good results, but I do everything and do not want to neglect anything.
Post Reply Post Reply
Even if it doesn't change any numbers on the machine. It's one problem fixed, moving forward. Take your machine with you. they might have some ideas or be able to do a test.

Have you used the machine for an hour. While awake and sitting in a chair. To see if the pattern is duplicated?
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
ResMed is closed until June 26, so I can buy the mask in two days. But everything is clear: I have only a few apneas at night for an hour, so everything is OK with me, but it is not known why the device has a bad indication. However, this is a much smaller problem.

The device is not worth testing, because I know from a ResMed service technician that possible repair can be priced similarly to such a new device. So it's a new mask or a different device. Or both of these things. A new mask for sure, because new models of masks are more resistant to leaks. For example, in the AirFit N30i mask, the tube is at the top of the head, not in front of the face.
Post Reply Post Reply
The reason your device reported AHI of 340 on 6/20/19 is because the recorded session is only 1 minute. If you somehow had 5 events for that one minute, then the AHI of 340 results. That would require an apnea or hypopnea once every 10.8 seconds. This is feasible, however, you should not count events when you are not asleep. It's possible that this error came from not counting all of the sessions or all of the time the machine was used on 5/19, or you only used the Autoset for one minute or less.

In general, the AHI is consistent with the findings I saw earlier in the range of 5 to 60 AHI over sessions from 300 to 600 minutes. While the one-minute session should certainly be thrown out, it does not point to a defect or malfunction in your Autoset.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
'In general, the AHI is consistent with the findings. AHI over sessions from 300 to 600 minutes. While the one-minute session should certainly be thrown out, it does not point to a defect or malfunction in your Autoset."

This file - Kowalewski, Lech.csv - contains data from hospital equipment. I have sent you a short version before.

Last two nights at home I had 42 apneas. Is this possible?
Post Reply Post Reply
42 apnea’s over what period of time?  For example, if that was over an 8 hour period, that would only be slightly over 5 AHI.  Even if it was only for 1 hour, it would not be an uncommon result, especially if some of the events were from times you were not completely asleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
I compare it with my several apneas in the hospital. But of course, with 240 apneas, which the device showed some time ago, is not much.
Post Reply Post Reply
I fell asleep in the mask now and after half an hour I woke up: both green smileys, 33.3 events.

I guess so there is nothing more to write about it: the indications are high despite the tightness of the device.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd still put it through resscan and see what the leaks say, but it seems you have resolved that the unit is faulty.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
from what I read here mask and leaks have been pretty confidently ruled out as the difference between before and after so it almost has to be your machine or the hospital tests/monitoring at fault. what I don't understand is if your doctor is confident in the hospital results, why would they send you home to use a faulty machine? they should at least have recognized the problem and arranged or had you arrange for it to be checked out, repaired or replaced. I have no medical qualifications whatsoever but common sense leads me to suspect the hospital results more than your machine data. not necessarily their equipment or expertise; more likely an inconsistent night for you. I don't see how you can be sure without trying another machine or having yours checked.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is this mouth breathing on flow r. Experiencing aerophagia with pressure above 6cmH20 Jonkier 1 105 Today, 04:04 AM
Last Post: Narcil
  Anyone else have trouble breathing through their nose when sleeping? POOKISTAN 7 221 Yesterday, 06:12 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Worried about periodic breathing / CA patterns Jorgo 102 2,710 04-16-2024, 05:38 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  High flow limit, erratic breathing and resp rates jclarke131000 14 361 04-16-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: jclarke131000
Question Does abnormal breathing trigger an elevated heart rate? Or vice versa. G. Szabo 14 399 04-15-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Anything can be done for baby with breathing problems Ptee8899 2 374 04-09-2024, 05:57 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Best Oximeter Device to use w OSCAR Abletree 17 4,095 04-04-2024, 01:37 PM
Last Post: BigWing

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.