Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Does the infarction affect the breathing in the device?
RE: Does the infarction affect the breathing in the device?
I don't understand you. 
It seemed to me that you want to be malicious ...
Post Reply Post Reply
mean? lech, if you are responding to me, I think there may be a language problem here because I don't always understand you either! :-) lol

please be assured I have no interest in being mean; serves no purpose and not in my make up. no ulterior motive. no axe to grind. just another joe on the internet. it's academic to me. what would be the point of getting personal on an anonymous forum? I know, a dumb question, given all the nasty mean troll behavior elsewhere.

just responding to the situation as I read it. my responses reflect my limited experience with apnea/cpap and my opinion about how I think I would address your issues if I had them. just interested in apnea because of my own condition. and a general preference for the well-being of everyone. my sense is this describes most if not all AB members.

obviously whatever is said here is yours to take or leave.

sorry if I made you think I was being mean. I thought I was being reasonably diplomatic but apparently my communication skills need work.

my best to you.
Post Reply Post Reply
malicious, I made a mistake
Post Reply Post Reply
well, just substitute malicious for mean in my last post. same thing.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-26-2019, 11:47 AM)lech Wrote: I don't understand you. 
It seemed to me that you want to be malicious ...

lech,
I have been following your thread for some time now, and have read through all the posts 2 or 3 times.
With that said, no one person here is being malicious or mean in any way.  

Just the opposite....you have received a lot of good advice from some of the most knowledgeable folk we have here on the forum.  Not only the good advice, but it comes from folk who care for others and want to be helpful.  There is much collective experience on this forum, and advice is given based on that.

We are not doctors, nor is anyone attempting to replace the advice that your health care professional gives you.  

Have a good day and please take some time to reread the posts in this thread.  You might see something different.  Smile
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The first night with a new device and the N30i mask.
It was luxurious in this mask. However, leaks are still there. I enclose the results. For professionals, they can be very interesting.

Attached Files
.pdf   Oscar 26.06.pdf (Size: 541.78 KB / Downloads: 21)
.pdf   ResScan 26.06.pdf (Size: 428.21 KB / Downloads: 21)
Post Reply Post Reply
@ OpalRose

I am delighted with the help of forum members.
Post Reply Post Reply
AHI and other statistics appear to match between ResScan and OSCAR, with AHI about 26/hour. This new machine is showing extensive periods of CSR associated with UA and H events. Overall, this appears to be the same as your previous machine so far. ResScan reports 44% of time in CSR. This would lead me to conclude that the night you had in the sleep test was not typical or consistent with the results we have seen from your CPAP machines.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I see the same problem with the leaks. resmed say they need to be under 24l/m for the machine to track what is happening properly. You aren't being effectively treated. There is even excessive leaks in the 4cm ramp up period (I would start that at 6, to get enough air)

resmed 10, under options, 5th line down.."run mask fit" this will blow high pressure air. To help you fit the mask.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
The mask connects to the pipe at the top of the head. And it blew me there. I do not know if it's good.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worried about periodic breathing / CA patterns Jorgo 46 1,179 Yesterday, 05:07 PM
Last Post: Jorgo
  ResMed 10 Card-to-Cloud: no cellular device NelsonM 20 3,051 03-14-2024, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Alternative Therapy to CPAP (Nasal Breathing) Wcwilson 1 153 03-07-2024, 04:02 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Nasal massage and exercises to help nose breathing sleepingbetterinFl 1 175 03-06-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Treatment] Using Bipap for UARS - can anyone help with erratic breathing and my settings? RagingBull 7 516 03-06-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: bertchintus
  Tongue retaining device with cpap question blancobonzo 1 975 02-21-2024, 07:20 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Nasal Breathing / Septoplasty questions Ptee8899 7 387 02-13-2024, 11:10 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.