Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Does the infarction affect the breathing in the device?
RE: Does the infarction affect the breathing in the device?
(07-01-2019, 11:44 AM)lech Wrote: But basically everybody has accepted the thesis that my device is the credible one. Without a shadow of a doubt. 
Why?

Without a shadow of a doubt?  Incorrect - we all accept the potential for errors, especially if the machine is malfunctioning, but in that circumstance, everyone here would return the machine for testing, repair or replacement, which you have shown no willingness to do.  Since the machine has given you consistent results, and based on the breathing patterns it shows, in conjunction with the health issues you have described, it seems more likely that the machine is giving accurate results. Also, these machines have shown little history of failure until after much use, and those failures tend to be mechanical in nature and very obvious when they happen (loud noises, failure to operate, error messages, etc.).  

Nothing you have described seems to indicate machine errors, just user errors or misunderstandings.  In my opinion, much of the difficulty everyone (including perhaps you Lech) is having is more related to language than anything else.  I don’t think you are understanding the main points people have been trying to make, and I don’t think the rest of us have clearly understood what you are trying to learn here.

For example, you continue to bring up the 240 events, even though it has been explained that it was an extrapolation based on an extremely short time period, making it useless/meaningless as a  data point.
Post Reply Post Reply
I wonder if someone will admit to the error ....

I doubt it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-01-2019, 12:25 PM)lech Wrote: I wonder if someone will admit to the error ....

I doubt it.

This is what I meant about communication - you assume the machine is in error, with no apparent evidence (at least in the opinion of others) to support you, and everyone else assumes you are making erroneous assumptions or are misinterpreting the data.

Since it has been obvious from the comments here that no one other than you believes the machine has made an error, what would you have them admit to?  On the other hand, I am sure everyone is waiting for you to admit your error - something that is equally unlikely to happen, and for the same reason.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think it is safe to say that, because of the way you come across in your comments, most people are now ignoring all your posts anyway, which is really a shame since they were just trying to help you.

Please don't Be offended by that comment - it is not a judgement of you or your position here - just an observation about human nature.
Post Reply Post Reply
you indicated you aren't interested in what I have to say but you're mischaracterizing what I did say. I can't speak for others but I have said that I think it less likely your hospital equipment and doctor are wrong, than you likely had a good night under hospital supervision. your apparent condition as indicated by your home machine is known to be inconsistent.

of course there's doubt, even though you seem to have had similar results with both your machine and the loaner. no one can be certain until confirmed one way or another. some may feel they're sure enough but there's always a chance there are anomalies no one has thought of yet.

in a nutshell: there is a question about a discrepancy between hospital and home results. there may be a significant risk to your health and even your life in ignoring it. that's why people are saying what they're saying here. not because we want the hospital to be wrong. it would be better if the home results are wrong.

you will only listen to Sleeprider but you don't seem to be hearing what he's telling you in his detailed and informed comments.

however, it does sound like you are taking steps to figure this out by having the hospital tests, working on mask leaks and having your machine checked. about all that's left is to hash it out with your doctor and it sounds like your next appointment is fast approaching, so again I wish you well. I hope you get some answers.

having clarified the mischaracterization of what I said, I will try again to honor your disinterest in what I have to say by refraining from commenting further in this thread.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for this nice statement. The device I received during the repair of my device went from hand to hand and it is not sure if it works well. Besides, today I detected a leak in the humidifier that worked with both machines.
It annoyed me that everyone only repeats Sleeprider opinion, as if they didn't have their own. As if it was a company of mutual adoration.
I don't think I should write anything anymore.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have practically a new device (after a general overhaul), a new mask and a new humidifier. In a few days I”m  going to a sanatorium and I will deal with the rehabilitation of the heart, and I will leave the counting of apneas and their analysis for another occasion.
Thank you all for your kindness and goodness and
bye, bye. 
Thanks

Attached Files
.pdf   5.07. ResMed.pdf (Size: 415.38 KB / Downloads: 27)
.pdf   5.07 Oscar.pdf (Size: 501.66 KB / Downloads: 20)
Post Reply Post Reply
Those charts are very good, hardly any leaks and AHI 5.3. It may settle down more, as you adjust to the repaired machine. I hope the stay at the sanatorium is restful and recuperating. Come back home, feeling like a new man.
It may have been the leaky humidifier all along. If it happens again, connect directly up to the machine to check.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
I didn't have any leaks tonight.
Post Reply Post Reply
It would be helpful to others to know how your resolved the leaks. Results appear much better, and we all wish you a good recovery and that the previous problems do not reappear. Good luck!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone else have trouble breathing through their nose when sleeping? POOKISTAN 6 130 1 hour ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Worried about periodic breathing / CA patterns Jorgo 102 2,666 04-16-2024, 05:38 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  High flow limit, erratic breathing and resp rates jclarke131000 14 335 04-16-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: jclarke131000
Question Does abnormal breathing trigger an elevated heart rate? Or vice versa. G. Szabo 14 385 04-15-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Anything can be done for baby with breathing problems Ptee8899 2 367 04-09-2024, 05:57 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Best Oximeter Device to use w OSCAR Abletree 17 4,080 04-04-2024, 01:37 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  ResMed 10 Card-to-Cloud: no cellular device NelsonM 20 3,225 03-14-2024, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.