Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Does the infarction affect the breathing in the device?
RE: Does the infarction affect the breathing in the device?
Thank you very, very much. I will consult with my doctor in a few days. But do you think that a heart attack has nothing to do with my breathing in the cpap?
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you very much for your data analysis and for your help. I will consult with my doctor within a few days. But do you think my heart attack has nothing to do with my cpap breathing?
Post Reply Post Reply
Lech, I'm sorry to hear about your cardiac problems. The purpose of my interpretation of your old Resscan results was to demonstrate what can be done with good data. If you would like to post current information from after your heart attack, I can do my best to answer your questions. Many health changes can occur with a heart attack, and it really varies depending on which part of the heart is damaged, and specifically if your pulmonary circulation has become impaired. Based on your complaints, you should discuss with your doctor obtaining an echocardiogram to evaluate your left ventricular ejection fraction. The efficiency of your heart in circulating blood to the lungs affects your entire health outlook, and is important to monitor in the wake of an infarction. Again, I can evaluate your CPAP efficacy, but I cannot advise you on your cardiac health. https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/ar...n-fraction
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-01-2019, 09:18 AM)lech Wrote: Thank you very, very much. I will consult with my doctor in a few days. But do you think that a heart attack has nothing to do with my breathing in the cpap?

As I inferred above, a heart attack can dramatically alter the pulmonary circulation system and the efficiency of gas exchange (O2, CO2) between the lungs and the heart.  People with severe impairment can also develop central apnea or cheyne-stokes respiration which are symptoms of heart failure. If you are feeling short of breath or are having any pain or unusual fatigue, I encourage you to go to an emergency room at once and get it checked out.  If you mostly feel good during the day, but are having stress using your CPAP at night, then simply download and install OSCAR, and I will do my best to help and to update the information i already posted to reflect current conditions.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The heart attack was recently, I'm under the control of the hospital. My results are in Polish, so it does not make sense to show them to you. The infarction was extensive, the heart is partially damaged. Soon I will have medical control and then rehabilitation. It will be fine.

Thanks for the words of support.
Post Reply Post Reply
I can read your charts in any language. If I need help, I am part of the development team for OSCAR and have access to the person that wrote the Polish language extension. No problem...please post.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
You are amazing. I am enclosing the information card from the hospital and the latest examinations after leaving the hospital.

the latest examinations after leaving the hospital.
Post Reply Post Reply
Summarizing:
1) My question was GENERAL (impact of the infarction on cpap results) and that is why I was surprised that you wanted my specific data. The discussion turned into a consideration of my specific case. Even better.
2) Thank you again for your interest and help.
3) The data that I have provided relates to a longer period, not just that after the heart attack, when I usually had 46-49 events per hour and a red mask of a mask leak. (Besides, my doctor thinks that these results are mainly a leak effect.) So they can be irrelevant.
4) I am annoyed by these bad results, but otherwise I am already asleep getting better, reasonably well.
5) And the most interesting at the end. While during this period after the infarction I usually had 46-49 events and a red face of a leak, now on the first night after our online discussion I had only 19 events and a green smiley face. Miracles, or is this the previous leak?
Post Reply Post Reply
Enclosed pls find Oscar report.
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=12462]

Our gurus across the pond are fast asleep and I am sure will get back to you. However to prepare ahead by providing more data, I am hoping to attach a screen shot of one of mine, hopefully successfully to show generally what is needed in order to better assess where you are at. You have provided overall statistics which is good for an overview but a daily chart is what is needed.
Sleepyhead in 5 easy steps
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is this mouth breathing on flow r. Experiencing aerophagia with pressure above 6cmH20 Jonkier 1 118 Yesterday, 04:04 AM
Last Post: Narcil
  Anyone else have trouble breathing through their nose when sleeping? POOKISTAN 7 228 04-23-2024, 06:12 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Worried about periodic breathing / CA patterns Jorgo 102 2,731 04-16-2024, 05:38 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  High flow limit, erratic breathing and resp rates jclarke131000 14 370 04-16-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: jclarke131000
Question Does abnormal breathing trigger an elevated heart rate? Or vice versa. G. Szabo 14 405 04-15-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Anything can be done for baby with breathing problems Ptee8899 2 377 04-09-2024, 05:57 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Best Oximeter Device to use w OSCAR Abletree 17 4,100 04-04-2024, 01:37 PM
Last Post: BigWing

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.