Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] DreamStation Humidity Issue
RE: DreamStation Humidity Issue
Thanks for the response.
I'll have to use the mask with my mouth open here in a bit to see how fast it dries my mouth out.
I'm normally a side sleeper, 90% of the time. Only on my back at the beginning of trying to sleep.
I believe my sleep study showed higher apnea events at REM, but I don't have the data.
I'm going to boost my pressure tonight by 1 unit tonight.
The sleep dr thought I eventually might need to be around 11cm. I'm currently at 8cm and started at 7cm 3 months ago.
Post Reply Post Reply
I know im resurrecting an old thread…

Just got my S60 replaced with a DS1… and same issues as original poster:

Humidifier doesnt humidify when the heated hose is connected, regardless of settings, fixed, adaptive, 0 or 5 … anything and every… EVERY combination of settings

If i run it dry with my hand on the the heater plate, it gets a little warm if the heated hose is connected, but when I disconnect the hose it suddenly HEATS UP!

I bought another hose thinking that was the fault, but even with the brand new hose, the issue remains.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-02-2024, 05:07 PM)Penguinpoo Wrote: I know im resurrecting an old thread…

Just got my S60 replaced with a DS1… and same issues as original poster:

Humidifier doesnt humidify when the heated hose is connected, regardless of settings, fixed, adaptive, 0 or 5 … anything and every… EVERY combination of settings

If i run it dry with my hand on the the heater plate, it gets a little warm if the heated hose is connected, but when I disconnect the hose it suddenly HEATS UP!

I bought another hose thinking that was the fault, but even with the brand new hose, the issue remains.

You could try another humidifier..  They crop up used often.
Post Reply Post Reply
Seems to be an occasional fault on certain batches of dreamstations 1 and 2…. Essentially when you connect a heated tube, it appears to greatly reduce the heated humidifier … the humidifier starts a little warm then gradually nothing throughout the night. 

When switching to a standard hose the humidifier once again works. 

This happens regardless if your using adaptive, fixed, or set tubing temp 0, 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5. And regardless of if you set the humidity level to 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 and any combination thereof.

Suspecting a potential software issue for now.

Dream station is on latest 1.1.8 fw
Post Reply Post Reply
Would just like to state  I have this same issue with the DS1 recall replacement I got. Unbelieveable.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 99 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,407 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,372 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85
  Airsense 10 / Oscar clock issue. pixpop 1 101 03-15-2024, 07:35 PM
Last Post: pixpop
  humidity level frustration sleepingbetterinFl 2 155 03-08-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  hypertension issue PaulaO2 19 654 03-04-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
Question A New Machine Issue and Another Thing! pamm777 1 182 03-02-2024, 05:12 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.