Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Error (!) machine won't work
Error (!) machine won't work
Before I send it off the the lab (warranty expires) I wanted know if there was a simple solution to this, like some hidden factory reset button combo or any other solution I can do at home and not be charged hundreds of dollars for.

The machine displays the (!) sign , beeps twice continuously and the buttons are flashing.

Thanks.

Machine is REMstar Auto M series with humidifier.

pic: ( ican;t attach for some reasom)
cpap-huxiji.com/list/394.html

Pease forgive my english, I' not feelin very well/

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Error (!) machine won't work
The manual says that's a 'device error' and if it doesn't go away after unplugging the machine and plugging it back in, that you have to call your equipment provider for service.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi veep,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more suggestions.
I hope you get to feeling better.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
REMstar PAP machines will present an error code on the screen when there is an error
REMstar error codes http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...rror_codes

Sometimes its cheaper to buy a newer data capable machine than spending money repairing an old one
Supplier #2 and #10 ship outside US http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List

Machines choices http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ne_Choices
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks mate.
I'm not seeing any numbered code expect for a symbol of a "!" inside a triangle. Is there a way to get more detailed info on the actual code?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Veep, I have the same model with the same problem. It’s my spare machine. I removed the main blower assembly from the humidifier assembly. I opened up the blower assembly(4 screws), and removed the small circuit board attached to the rubber hose attachment. On that board is a CR2032 watch battery. Mine was reading .12 volts. Supposed to be 3v. I desoldered the three prongs and removed the old battery. Peeled off the spot welded metal strips and re-soldered them onto a new battery. Re-attached the 3 prongs back on board with solder and reassembled blower assembly. Re-attached humidifier assembly to blower assembly and plugged in. Unit works like new again. Cost me $5 for new battery and a half hour of my time. Hope it works out for you.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 7 111 Yesterday, 10:29 AM
Last Post: johnbrain
  Lowenstein Prisma 20A - how can I work out energy usage for camping? JamesD0079 4 628 02-15-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  New User - Mask Seal Error WJ5596 6 335 02-12-2024, 02:57 PM
Last Post: WJ5596
Gross DreamStation Error Front Panel drouou 2 185 02-10-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: drouou
  Error 1 Rafael Bezerra 1 327 12-20-2023, 09:00 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Airsense 11. Heating system error Jskier 3 6,185 12-12-2023, 11:30 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,189 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.