Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Exhaust port noise
Question 
Exhaust port noise
I am using an older model CPAP machine that does not record any info. I use the ResMed Activa LT nasal pillow mask. Recently, I have had trouble with whistling from the exhaust port. I rub my finger over the port and it stops but returns in a few seconds/minutes. It is impossible to sleep with this whistling. Anyone have ideas or solutions?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Exhaust port noise
I have the same experience with my Simplus. I think there's water collecting on the port holes and the rubbing removes it. So, do something to reduce the moisture in your hose. Turn the humidifier down and/or insulate the hose. Get a heated hose if that's an option (doubtful since you have an older machine).
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, I will try turning the humidifier down.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Rick1257,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Which machine do you have?
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
One of the other forum members a while back had the same vent whistling problem. He sectioned some of the holes and found that the diameter inside the plastic was irregular. I had some masks that did the same and I am pretty sure that was the cause.

I am aslo pretty sure that the round vent holes in the mask are formed in the mold when the mask is cast. If mold venting becomes inadequate or the small pins that form the holes are not kept adequately cleaned off this will happen.

I think the options are what Sleepster mentioned or demanding a replacement mask due to a manufacturing defect.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
find the hole that is offending and stick a toothpick stopper in it. is it only one or a lot of them? loss of one hole won't hurt. at least if you find the hole you can shove a safety pin down it, perhaps widening it just a bit.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airmini noise question sfr79 38 20,274 03-20-2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Blausser
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 90 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Breas Z2 - mask question/air noise sallym 0 143 03-07-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: sallym
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,603 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  [CPAP] Resmed airmini noise NYKP44 0 358 02-09-2024, 01:27 PM
Last Post: NYKP44
Question Resmed Autoset 10 buzzing noise - what now? mogulman 8 595 01-16-2024, 11:42 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Equipment] Airsense 10 Noise tblaster 4 345 01-15-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: tblaster

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.