Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Feel horrible with CPAP therapy
RE: Feel horrible with CPAP therapy
(08-24-2015, 12:17 PM)PoolQ Wrote:
(08-24-2015, 12:02 PM)helenkay Wrote: I take my card to the sleep center at the hopsital to do download I don't know what program they use. At the bottom of the report it says ResMed AirView. I will ask my provider about the Sleepyhead program. Thanks

sleepyhead is free (there is a sticky for it at the top of the main forum page) and you can use it at home to see what is happening while you sleep, you only need an SD card reader, $8 all over the web if you don't already have one.

I think you will find that there are two sides to CPAP: the actual therapy side which you look like you have under control and then there is what is commonly referred to as the comfort side which helps you "want" to use CPAP.

If the comfort side is not set to your liking it's like trying to sleep with sand in the bed, you can do it, but you wont enjoy it.

If you have not already try adjusting the humidity, temperature and other features on the USER menu and see if they make a difference in the positive direction. CPAP is a personal environmental system and it can make your nights terrible, a little off, or perfect.

I would add two things here -- First, your provider may not know anything about SleepyHead. And some of those who do know about it dismiss it as a "toy" or at least not a "real" clinical tool for data analysis. Some are getting enlightened about its value, but don't be surprised if your provider looks puzzled if/when you mention it. Wink

Second, before you go out and buy a card reader you want to see if your computer (laptop or desktop) has a built-in card reader. Some do. It's sometimes hard to notice unless you're looking for it.
Post Reply Post Reply
If it doesn't say "Medical Equipment" or it isn't a device they can sell you for $3000 then it must be no good.
Oh-jeez

Smile
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
Your PR machine records reras ie arousals. You just need sleepyhead or encore software to see it

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 5 223 2 hours ago
Last Post: staceyburke
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 28 840 3 hours ago
Last Post: jakespeare65
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,084 03-27-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 177 03-27-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 256 03-27-2024, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 93 03-27-2024, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,269 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.