Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Feel like I'm not exhaling fully- "chest aches"
RE: Feel like I'm not exhaling fully- "chest aches"
Thank you everyone, I really appreciate your replies and tips. I'm going to take a look at all of my settings and try some different things over the next few nights until I find something that feels comfortable. Hopefully I will start to feel the difference soon! Before I got my machine, so many of my friends and relatives who also have apnea said that their CPAP was "a dream" (no pun intended) and after their first night they felt like a million bucks... man, I think I must be broken because I'm more miserable now than I was before!
Here's hoping!
Post Reply Post Reply
I didn't have that "million bucks" feeling after my first night. More like loose change in a beggar's hat. I certainly didn't want to do cartwheels out of my bedroom the next morning. I'm approaching 3 months and I do feel better but still not great. Everyone is different.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-13-2015, 04:10 PM)mary273175 Wrote: Thank you everyone, I really appreciate your replies and tips. I'm going to take a look at all of my settings and try some different things over the next few nights until I find something that feels comfortable. Hopefully I will start to feel the difference soon! Before I got my machine, so many of my friends and relatives who also have apnea said that their CPAP was "a dream" (no pun intended) and after their first night they felt like a million bucks... man, I think I must be broken because I'm more miserable now than I was before!
Here's hoping!

I know what you mean....I had a couple friends that told me they felt really great after one night on CPAP. So I was looking forward to that feeling too!
Well, it certainly didn't happen after one night, and now at 7+ months, I still have a few bad nights, but more good nights. Wink

There's so much that goes into how we feel, and we are all different. Don't get discouraged, just work on having a mask that's comfy, and getting your pressure set to where it needs to be. It will all come together in time.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
What they said.
My first night on pap was great. Next night was crap. 6 wks now I getting pretty comfortable. Perhaps start using SleepyHead and take control of your life?
I use my PAP machine nightly and I feel great!
Updated: Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-FlexModel 760P -
Rise Time x3 Fixed Bi-Level EPAP 9.0 IPAP 11.5 (cmH2O)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 7 457 04-10-2024, 08:07 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Difficulty Exhaling with Nasal Pillows? chill 24 11,064 04-08-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: cant exhale
  Slept fully twice in 3 months since starting CPAP for CSA redking2436 14 831 03-30-2024, 08:09 AM
Last Post: redking2436
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 180 03-27-2024, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  CPAP making me feel very tense while I'm asleep jlpool 15 942 03-16-2024, 05:34 PM
Last Post: jlpool
  Feel worse on lower EPR even though AHI seems the same? LarkinM 10 391 03-14-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Symptoms] CPAP(UARS) user 10+ years, still feel terrible DB10 17 1,097 03-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.