Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Filters
Filters
Hi there. Sorry if this message has been posted before (I didn't see any way to search the threads), but I was wondering if it's OK to rinse out the little white filter in my AirSense10 a few times before replacing it. Everything costs money so just trying to make things last as long as possible (without endangering my health). Thanks a lot!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Filters
I've done that and they turn out just fine. I add a drop of liquid dish soap and then give them a short finger massage. I then rinse and pat them dry with a paper towel. Just don't fold or bend them.

They have a service life much longer than many would want you to believe.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, BG. I'll give that a try. The filters definitely look like they could stand up to a few washings.
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried cleaning my hypoallergenic S10 filter with Dawn and then looking at the filter with a microscope (200X); there appear to be trapped particles between the front and back woven fibers. Cleaning appears fine for surface dirt. 

Considering how cheap filters are today, I gave up trying to extend their life to save a few cents.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
If you put most anything under a 200X power microscope, you're gonna see all sorts of things you really don't want to.  Eat-popcorn
Post Reply Post Reply
Unseen things. Too-funny

I always soak and rinse my filters 3-4 times before replacing them. Are they cheap?  Dont-know But mine are free. But that doesn't mean we need to be wasteful either.
Semper Fi
Post Reply Post Reply
Mine are free as well. I haven't been on CPAP Therapy for several months now. I keep telling myself to keep my machine where it is, just in case I decide to go back to it. 

I'm sleeping fine and don't feel any need to continue to use it.  Eat-popcorn
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-24-2022, 03:00 PM)Big Guy Wrote: Mine are free as well. 

How are you guys getting free filters?
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-24-2022, 07:38 PM)keppela Wrote: How are you guys getting free filters?

I have Medicare and BC / BS as our supplemental coverage. Not only do I get free filters, but everything else under the sun that CPAP Therapy requires. That includes free shipping. 

Last count, I have at least 12 ClimateLine hoses, 5 or 6 water reservoirs, tons of masks (F20 and F30) and replacements cushions, full headgear, and such. 

I have two large storage bins full, and I'm in need of a third one.  Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
Ah, Medicare. OK, it'll be a few years before I'm eligible for that. Sounds like great coverage, though!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resmed AS10 vs AS11. Are hoses/filters interchangable? plpauly 2 95 03-26-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 842 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  [Equipment] Cleaning filters bookwyrmtoo 2 396 12-20-2023, 09:45 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [CPAP] Airsense 11 filters mmrams13 32 9,472 09-06-2023, 05:21 PM
Last Post: turbo
  [Equipment] Filters in general and the ResMed 11 Cpapian 3 833 06-25-2023, 12:03 PM
Last Post: Melman
  DreamStation 2 Filters & DME's StratCat48 2 508 04-19-2023, 02:19 PM
Last Post: StratCat48
Question [Equipment] Who sells ResMed's AirSense 10 HypoAllergenic filters most cheaply, for Canada? StackExchange 1 535 12-03-2022, 01:12 PM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.