Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Airsense 10 enquiry
Airsense 10 enquiry
Ok, so...I've had my airsense 10 for almost a year and I "thought" it was working fine. However, recently, for some unknown reason, the water chamber was leaking water into the machine. I have found no cracks, nothing, vigorous shaking hasn't produced a leak...but anyway, the machine cracked a wobbly, so, I opened the heating element part up. It was soaking wet. After carefully drying it out and paying for express postage on a brand new chamber...I put it back together and it's working again but with a major difference and I'm a bit unsure of it now. When I wake up in the morning, the heating pad is still warm and the water in the chamber is still warm. Is this normal ? Because before, the heat pad and water weren't warm at all. I haven't changed any settings. So I'm guessing that it is normal but my machine wasn't working properly to start with. So it stays warm all night until you turn the machine off. Also, on my S9 I used the pass-over method, I didn't use the heat but still had the climateline attached. Can I do that on this machine. I've tried turning the hose temperature to 0 but the machine still shows the warming up. It's very odd - oh and just one more thing...smart start....it starts when I start breathing into machine but it's supposed to stop when I take mask off it doesn't - or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for any info regarding the heating pad coz I'm a bit worried now
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airsense 10 enquiry
Depending on your settings, it is normal for the water and heating plate to be warm -- hence the snowflake "cooling" icon at the top of your display panel after machine use.

Yes, you can fill the chamber and use it as a pass-over by setting the "Humidity Level" to "off" and the "Tube Temp" to "off" and do not use the "Run Warmup" option.

Best of luck.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you but yes, I have the heat set to off - yet it is still showing the heating up bars when I switch it on.

and yeah, I understand the cooling down process but as I said, it wasn't warm beforehand when I switched it off. I'm just guessing that it wasn't working properly before it got soaked and somehow I managed to "fix it" when I dried it all out.
Thanks

(09-28-2016, 11:46 PM)srlevine1 Wrote: Depending on your settings, it is normal for the water and heating plate to be warm -- hence the snowflake "cooling" icon at the top of your display panel after machine use.

Yes, you can fill the chamber and use it as a pass-over by setting the "Humidity Level" to "off" and the "Tube Temp" to "off" and do not use the "Run Warmup" option.

Best of luck.

Post Reply Post Reply
Ok well, I seem to have managed to stop it from heating - so that's good! Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you considered a short in the electronics? Since it does require current to run the humidifier, do you have a way to measure the current being drawn?

Will your equipment vendor do a "free" inspection? Or will your physician write a prescription for a system check and get it paid for by the insurance company as you may not be getting the "required therapy?"
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi weeble,
I hope you get your machine problems straightened out.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-29-2016, 12:39 AM)srlevine1 Wrote: Have you considered a short in the electronics? Since it does require current to run the humidifier, do you have a way to measure the current being drawn?

Will your equipment vendor do a "free" inspection? Or will your physician write a prescription for a system check and get it paid for by the insurance company as you may not be getting the "required therapy?"

Na...I live in Oz and it's an American machine, all good....I had a nice sleep last night without heating - using the pass-over. But whatever the problem was before I think it was something that had to happen so that I fixed the problem with the heating myself......I honestly now believe the heating is working as it should and so is the turning everything off.

Thanks for your suggestions anyway Shy

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 613 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,183 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell
  [Equipment] Need help choosing between Airsense 10 C2C or regular Airsense 10/11 dabrat76 10 1,625 03-16-2023, 08:20 AM
Last Post: dabrat76
  Airsense 11: SmartStart is Off, but Airsense keeps turning on by itself kklein 4 3,485 03-09-2023, 08:34 PM
Last Post: kklein
  DOWNLOADING DATA FROM AIRSENSE 10 to AIRSENSE 11 Sleepyguy39 1 1,114 10-21-2022, 07:24 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
Question [CPAP] Airsense 10 without wireless vs Airsense 11 sleepysurgeon 12 3,408 07-14-2022, 08:30 AM
Last Post: Horseshoez
  Wait for ResMed AirSense 11? Or buy AirSense 10 now? dk2011 25 19,748 01-24-2022, 10:54 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.