Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Firmware Philips
Firmware Philips
I´ve got two Philips APAP : Remstar One Auto and a brand new Dreamstation Auto. 
I only wish that Remstar One could be ugradeable by me . It´s stuck in a very version and I guess it´s no working well.

Do you know something about it?. I ll take all the risk.  Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Firmware Philips
I wish I had an update for the old Remstars as they d work but could be better.
I use one as a back-up or when I get a nerve pain attack and have to sleep away from my partner.
Partner would get no sleep for me tossing and turning and almost climbing the walls until the tablets I take kick in, which can take two to three hours.
It gets me through and I am very grateful to the person who donated it to me when he heard I had to sleep without a machine some nights.
(I think he designed to website for Second wind) but I can't be 100% certain about that.
But he sent me his old Remstar APAP for the cost of the postage.  I sent him twice the postage to cover his costs.  I didn't have much money as was just out of a six month stay in hospital.
I don't know just how well these old machines work, but I don't fell any more tired, though it is an unfair test as I can't get sleep for nerve pain anyway, but it works fine and get me through the night.
Most nights used in a row, three.
Never been the same since I was in for a long stay in hospital.

The short answer to your question is no.

I wouldn't be shy in asking Remstar (Philips) if they had any updated firmware.

They will most likely not respond, but at worst they can only say no, or it will only be supplied to agents.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Firmware Philips
Frank, the System One (DS560) firmware cannot be updated using the files we have made available on Apnea Board. An authorized repair facility or DME may be able to update the firmware, but I'm not sure what you hope to accomplish as it does not change any function of the machine you would be able to perceive. The Dreamstation updates are posted on this site and the applicability is discussed in those files. In some cases you might be able to see improvements such as dimming of the panel LED and other refinements with the new firmware.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,963 358,962 04-12-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: btreger
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 54 4,810 04-11-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: TimaaaaaaaahRocks
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 184 29,804 04-01-2024, 12:26 PM
Last Post: RayBee
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,882 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 471 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  Where to send my philips REPLACEMENT machine Rice95 7 1,215 02-29-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Philips SD Card Format Question Crimson Nape 1 265 02-16-2024, 10:23 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.