Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] First month of CPAP usage, help with the logs
RE: First month of CPAP usage, help with the logs
So, doc, am i still dying? Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
It would be nice if someone could take a look at my logs and give their opinion... thanks Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not the best one to read your charts because I'm not familiar with your Remstar machine, but I think you are doing well except for your leakage, which is probably disrupting your sleep. Your AHI has been between 1 and 3 for the past month, which is excellent, but your 90 percentile leakage has mostly been above 30 l/min for the past month, which is rather high (Resmed considers 24 l/min to be the red line) and your Remstar considered that you had excessive leaks for more than 30% of your time under mask.

I hope this helps.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry Bravo, I did not notice when you first posted these. Not sure how we all missed that, maybe a glitch with the forum software.

You are hitting your maximum pressure for extended periods which suggests that you need to raise your maximum. However --- your mask is also leaking a lot during these times so raising the pressure may make things worse. Does that machine have a "check mask fit" function? The newer DreamStation does. You might need to go into the Clinicians menu to enable it. That will let you adjust the fit while it is at the max pressure. That might help with the leaks if you have been adjusting it at a lower pressure.

I would also consider increasing your minimum pressure. That may help in preventing those large clusters of events. It looks like your apnea is worse later in the night which I am assuming is REM sleep.

Finally, you might want to invest in a new mask rather than wait. I've had good luck with the Simplus as have many others here. Is there any place near you where you can try on masks before buying to see what fits your face the best?

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 154 Yesterday, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  One month in and could use help RTC75321 2 154 03-20-2024, 06:46 PM
Last Post: RTC75321
  [Treatment] Low O2 After Almost a Month of Therapy somewherein413 36 1,042 03-14-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Month on CPAP can't stay asleep Trep1018 1 138 03-08-2024, 06:10 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Treatment] First PAP usage (BiPAP) for treating UARS + Maybe OSA - Feel like hyperventilating? OneShleepyBoi 21 902 03-02-2024, 06:35 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Symptoms] Help my symptoms got better at first but then they came back after a month LordofthStrings 14 934 02-22-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: LordofthStrings
  Lowenstein Prisma 20A - how can I work out energy usage for camping? JamesD0079 4 626 02-15-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.