Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Flex or Flex + settings
Flex or Flex + settings
I was just curious, what would be the setting for (flex or flex +) and the corresponding value. 
My machine says "AFlex" but when you go to setup it will ask if "None, CFlex or Flex +", and the value. I am a little confused about that. The hose does not heat much and gets colder through the night. I was thinking that maybe I have the wrong settings.
Thanks again

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Flex or Flex + settings
(12-06-2017, 04:56 PM)ruiparede Wrote: I was just curious, what would be the setting for (flex or flex +) and the corresponding value. 
My machine says "AFlex" but when you go to setup it will ask if "None, CFlex or Flex +", and the value. I am a little confused about that.

I think you're seeing those options because you are in fixed pressure mode. Change to auto mode and you'll see A-Flex.

Regardless, the general idea is that the machine lowers the pressure when you exhale. The larger the flex setting the more the pressure is reduced.

Quote:The hose does not heat much and gets colder through the night. I was thinking that maybe I have the wrong settings.

You would need a heated hose. Regular hoses are not heated. Look at the end of the hose that plugs into the machine. If all you see is the hose itself, you don't have a heated hose. But if you see little prongs and little holes that they plug into then you have a heated hose.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Which machine do you have?  Is it the 50 or 60’s series?  
Is it the Pro or Auto Cpap?  

If using a straight pressure Cpap or an Auto Cpap in Cpap mode, then AFlex isn’t a choice.
Your choice would be CFlex or CFlex+.

Below is a description of Flex settings:

You can receive up to 2cm pressure relief, (which is flow based) regardless of which setting you
choose 1,2, or 3.  Sometimes, it’s just a matter of trying the settings to see what feels right for you.

• C-Flex – Provides pressure relief upon exhalation.
• A-Flex/C-Flex+ – Provides pressure relief taking place at the end of inhalation and at the start of exhalation.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Ref# is 560P. 
I do not know if I have the correct settings. I am using it now on Auto mode (max pressure 11.5, minimum at 10), with CFLEX at 1.
Maybe you have a better suggestion.
Please advise.
Thanks,
Rui
Post Reply Post Reply
Your pressure range of 10 minimum and 11.5 max doesn’t give much room for your Apap to work.

Do you know your 90% pressure?  If you do, set your minimum at 2cm below and the max pressure
2cm above the 90% number.  You can use either AFlex or CFlex.  

I really can’t make any other suggestions without seeing your graphs.  

Download #SleepyHead software and use imgur to post data here.  The directions are in my signature line.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you set your machine to Auto mode, you could input a minimum pressure of 9.0 and maximum pressure of 14.0 and very quickly learn your optimum pressure. Auto mode would also make available A-Flex as well as CFlex and CFlex+, all of which are pressure relief options that briefly drop pressure at the beginning of exhale and in the case of AFlex, inhale. You can set any of the Flex settngs to 1, 2, or 3 and the pressure will drop up to 2-cm. My preference with Flex was always a 1 or 2.

For humidity settings, your machine uses the System One auto humidity functions at settings 1-5 or with System One off, the manual settings are available. System One is designed to prevent condensation in the tube and mask by monitoring ambient room temperature and humidity and setting the humidifier heater automatically. Manual settings generally produce higher humidity but can result in condensation (rain-out) if you get it wrong.

Download your clinician's manual at the CPAP Setup Manuals link at the top of the page. All of this is explained in the manual.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  VAUTO Settings vs. CPAP Settings MrIvanDrago 9 791 11-18-2023, 10:29 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  AirCurve 10 ASV settings - Equivalent settings for AirCurve 10 VAUTO Shadowpup 0 845 11-18-2022, 05:04 PM
Last Post: Shadowpup
  (Dreamstation) Flex algorithm is out of sync with my breathing skim 12 2,848 02-28-2022, 08:18 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Equipment] Respironics PR System One 60 Series REMstar Auto with A-flex aavenger 6 1,309 11-12-2021, 06:03 AM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  Question re: Virtuox Ultra test with RemStar Auto A-Flex tonight. Help, please. Helena 2 816 08-30-2021, 06:57 PM
Last Post: Helena
  [Equipment] Help solving power issue (REMstar Auto A-Flex cycling off/on during use)) RhythmMachine 2 850 07-13-2021, 07:01 PM
Last Post: RhythmMachine
  Noise from Remstar Auto A-flex Greg Schultz 2 822 05-15-2021, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Greg Schultz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.