Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Flow meter sensor fault?
Flow meter sensor fault?
Hey and hello,

I started using my brand new S9 AutoSet in the mid of March 2012.
On June 09th 2014 during the night the system suddenly blew with maximum flow. I could not reset the machine so I had to give it away for to fix it. Those guys told me that a flow sensor is out of order, which obviously could not be repaired or changed. So I had the choice to pay for a new motherboard which was not really cheaper than a new machine. I asked for guarantee or at least for good will. But this was refused, ResMed would not pay for this.
So I’ve got some questions:
- Is there someone somewhere on the planet who’s got trouble with his S9 within let’s say the first two and a half years of using? And what happened with guarantee or good will?
- Is there anybody who has a ResMed cpap machine with an identical fault of suddenly blowing with full flow?
- Does someone know if this sensor really cannot be changed? And if no where can I get me such a sensor?
Thank you for your help.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Flow meter sensor fault?
Hi Schnarchzaepfle
We don't expect machine to break down just after the expiry of the warranty
Have you spoken directly to ResMed customer service in your country?

Supplier #2 is good source for new and used machines
Suppliers List http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Flow meter sensor fault?
Hi Schnarchzaepfle,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post and hopefuly, you can get your machine problems straightened out.
Much success to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flow rate kink at end of exhalation ahuman 8 109 36 minutes ago
Last Post: ahuman
  Awoken by air flow? ReclaimingMySleep 8 270 Yesterday, 02:18 PM
Last Post: ReclaimingMySleep
  [CPAP] Adjusting for flow limitations jane2911 10 316 03-25-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: jane2911
  [Equipment] HELP - BIPAP-ST Restricting Inhalation/Exhalation Air Flow / Tidal Volume PAPPER101 3 114 03-24-2024, 09:29 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  flow limitations acceptable levels yankees123 27 1,623 03-23-2024, 02:41 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 245 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 3 147 03-19-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.