Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP Follies
CPAP Follies
Ok. I'll start.

Last night, when I went upstairs to bed, I somehow pulled out the elbow connector on my CPAP machine. The problem began when I tried to put it back in (hubby was asleep, so he couldn't help). You know how it is when you're tired, and you are not thinking straight? Well, I could not figure it out. Why wasn't it going back in? What was going on? Next the seal popped out. Oh, no! Now, nothing was going right. How was I supposed to fix it? I agonized over the problem for over two hours. In the end, I was exhausted, but I somehow attached the hose, not well, but it was attached.

Tonight I asked my hubby if he could help me fix it and offer a suggestion as to what I did wrong last night. Two minutes later, he had the answer. Evidently, I had tried to put the elbow in the wrong way. What a fool I am! As you can imagine, I'm not good at jigsaw puzzles either.

Any of you have your own stories of mishaps with your CPAP machine?

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP Follies
(10-01-2016, 08:12 PM)Dramagal27 Wrote: Ok. I'll start.

Last night, when I went upstairs to bed, I somehow pulled out the elbow connector on my CPAP machine. The problem began when I tried to put it back in (hubby was asleep, so he couldn't help). You know how it is when you're tired, and you are not thinking straight? Well, I could not figure it out. Why wasn't it going back in? What was going on? Next the seal popped out. Oh, no! Now, nothing was going right. How was I supposed to fix it? I agonized over the problem for over two hours. In the end, I was exhausted, but I somehow attached the hose, not well, but it was attached.

Tonight I asked my hubby if he could help me fix it and offer a suggestion as to what I did wrong last night. Two minutes later, he had the answer. Evidently, I had tried to put the elbow in the wrong way. What a fool I am! As you can imagine, I'm not good at jigsaw puzzles either.

Any of you have your own stories of mishaps with your CPAP machine?

Don't feel too bad ... Blame Murphy's Law and the designers of the connection. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murphy%27s_law.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-02-2016, 01:26 AM)srlevine1 Wrote: Don't feel too bad ... Blame Murphy's Law and the designers of the connection. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murphy%27s_law.

Man that link didn't work at all! I guess it just goes to show, if something can go wrong, it will go wrong. Oh-jeez
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Remove the period(".") at the very end of the link and it will work.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-02-2016, 12:34 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Remove the period(".") at the very end of the link and it will work.

Just wondering if you read my reply and "get it"? Rolleyes
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.