Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP Frivolous Travesties
Ohmy 
CPAP Frivolous Travesties
My CPAP machine and the cats...

My P10 nasal pillow was subject to a random attack from the cat while  was out one day.  Turns out that the fine exhale mesh is very important to remain completely intact, and not be punctured by teeth and claws.

After sounding like a leaking air compressor all night, off to the DME to get a new mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP Frivolous Travesties
Never had it happen. First off no cats. The family dog we had until his passing never would have touched mask stuff. Food? Well that's different.

Just wanted you to know that if you'd like a free mask Cat scan or if you want operator assist, these 3 are standing by.

[Image: ontrnyz.png?1]
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Two laughs in a row—thank you both!
Post Reply Post Reply
very welcome, but it wasn't my mask that was sacrificed to give the laugh
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had one cat who though the cushion was a mouse and attacked it.
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Another event when I first got the machine affected the dog. He slept on the floor next to my bed. I was tossing and got tangled up. I flipped the machine right off the night table and it landed on his head. Poor thing had a look of "Why me?".

He's been gone 2 years now. The new one has one-upped him by insisting his spot is right between us on the bed. And he burrows his nose under and arm. 80lbs of golden retriever who thinks he is cat size. My backside gets cold because he takes all the covers.

The good thing about CPAP is I can burrow under the covers and remain warm, while still breathing.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.