Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Getting ready to call it quits
RE: Getting ready to call it quits
There are 2 main problems. First are large leaks. When the machine showed this it means the pap machine can NOT supply therapy because of the leaks. The larger the mask area the greater chance of leaks. Using a ResMed p30 or p10 could be a better fit if you can stop mouth breathing. 

Because of large leaks I can’t be sure the machine is correctly recording your event but it looks like you have positional apnea. 

Positional apnea is when you get into a position where you cut off your own airway. And no pressure changes can help. You have to stay out of that position.  

Think of it as a kink in a hose. No matter how high you open up the water the hose is kinked and the water can not get through. With pap therapy we see many people with this problem. Many have found a soft collar keeps the airway open. 

Please look at the link I have in my signature on collars. It show people without collar and the same people with collars- huge difference.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the help.  I have a paper copy of the report tucked away somewhere from last July.  I have allergies that tend to get worse at night so I mostly breathe with my mouth.
Post Reply Post Reply
Jerry, get some Flonase (fluticasoe propionate) for the allergies. After a few days it will solve the allergy and inflammation stuffiness. I use it and it does not have rebound or long-term adverse effects.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
        I found the sleep study paperwork.
Post Reply Post Reply
Basically there's a large bucket of events keeping you from sleeping well. It's not breaking down Apnea into Obstructive versus Central which is key to proper diagnosis and treatment. It states effort belts were used so that data should be available. If me I'd ask for the detailed report which I don't think this is it.

My opinion with this level of events, I would consider a ResMed VAuto as it has pressure support. It'll be more comfortable, because I think with this bucket of events, you'll need fairly high therapy pressures.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ready to buy CPAP machine NewlyDiagnosed 29 629 03-21-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  New CPAP user here. Ready to learn. Please advise how I can improve! Sleepyman12 4 502 12-13-2023, 05:51 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  AHI Help - First call to help muhaddib 5 443 12-02-2023, 07:44 AM
Last Post: muhaddib
  Ready to give it another try! Welcoming any suggestions egoodman 6 759 07-03-2023, 03:12 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Pressure] Call this good, or keep going? SleepingFish 21 1,842 03-22-2023, 07:42 AM
Last Post: SleepingFish
  Ready to go!! Please check my settings pkersey 9 1,156 09-27-2022, 09:01 PM
Last Post: pkersey
  [Equipment] Call for Soft Collar Reviews Sleeprider 3 1,144 06-23-2020, 09:19 PM
Last Post: ragtopcircus

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.