Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New [questions on heart issues]
RE: New [questions on heart issues]
AzLarry - did you have sudden burst of increased heart rates up to around 165 BPM +/-?

I was getting those showing up on my HR tracker until we adjusted one of my meds.
When is this “old enough to know better” supposed to kick in?
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-28-2018, 05:18 PM)Trimer Wrote: Hi there I just started CPAP a month ago mild OSA I woke up last night in the middle of the night with my heart flipping in my chest like a fish for about 20 seconds it stopped immediately after I took mask off. I have cardiologist, had all tests he sees no issues. Any insight? Can’t really get any answers it’s frustrating ? now I’m scared to put mask on again. Long winded, thank you ❤️ I have an APAP

Trimer,

Hello and welcome,
                           Your low pressure is at 5, this can be very low for some people and it can be possible for you to feel air starved between 4 and 7, sometimes even 8.  I would increase your low pressure slightly to 6 or 7 but it is better if you download and use Sleepyhead and post a chart so we can see what is going on.  Also, if you tuck your chin down towards your chest or go face down to a heavy pillow it can restrict the air supply.  With little or no air getting through it can stimulate the heart to speed up giving you the impression you are having a heart flutter or a heart attack.  The same feeling has been experienced but untreated sufferers when they wake up after and Apnea event before they get treatment.
This may be the cause, or it might simply be that you are not yet used to the mask and a slight panic occurs when you start to wake up.
You have been checked out for a heart problem, so I might be any of the above.
Please do download [url=https://OSCAR Official Download Page ----> CLICK HERE ./?TestingVersions]Sleepyhead[/url]
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
When I first was aware of my A-fib, my heart rate shot to 145bpm for an hour  then came back and stayed there so I went to the hospital. When I had checked my heart rate logs, they revealed that for almost a year prior to this incident I had episodes at night while sleeping at 120-130bpm that would last for 5-10min. I was racking my heart rate for gym and cycling, so I never looked at 24hr readings. If I had I would have caught it much sooner. Four years ago I had congestive heart failure. Blood pressure then was 215/160. After talking to doctors, they think I had sleep apnea long before then and it lead to the CHF and A-fib.  So here I am now doing BPAP to fix the damage that could have been avoided had I known I had apnea years before and done the therapy then.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 154 Yesterday, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Air Mini issues Bous 0 54 Yesterday, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Bous
  Sinus issues with CPAP Luka07 9 187 03-26-2024, 09:28 AM
Last Post: Luka07
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 87 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 270 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 1 106 03-19-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  How to remedy issues during lighter sleep period, 3 AM-7 AM rosebladepat 0 109 03-15-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.